real time web analytics
This sense of "protecting the places"... | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 4 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

This sense of "protecting the places"...

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Have you taken shit from bandos?

• Yes

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Rarely

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Never

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters

hhh

28DL Irregular Member
28DL Full Member
I'm very sorry*, I confess I have deprived someone of a tool they could have potentially used to help tidy up their crap.

28dlBrush.jpg

I thought I could find a use for this lonely wood wormy brush in my garden, the handle has since broken due to a combination of excess woodworm and toddler sweeping, the handle shaft has been cut off and reinserted to the brush and continues to be used.
Meanwhile the property which was last used in the late 1980s has been right fucked over, anything of scrap value has gone and everything else either smashed or scattered on the ground outside.

* not sorry

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
I'm very sorry*, I confess I have deprived someone of a tool they could have potentially used to help tidy up their crap.

28dlBrush.jpg

I thought I could find a use for this lonely wood wormy brush in my garden, the handle has since broken due to a combination of excess woodworm and toddler sweeping, the handle shaft has been cut off and reinserted to the brush and continues to be used.
Meanwhile the property which was last used in the late 1980s has been right fucked over, anything of scrap value has gone and everything else either smashed or scattered on the ground outside.

* not sorry

Crime of the century you'll have the umbex police after you now

Unholy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You're describing thieves, vandals and treasure hunters - which is nothing to do with History or Urbex, it's a shame to see "admin" with that kind of remedial attitude though.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
They're abandoned derelict forgotten crapholes. That shit belongs to nobody.

If you saw something interesting in a litter bin, would you take it? Yes, you would. But that isn't yours to take either.

Another analogy would be rescuing stuff from skips, everything in there is going to be carted off and destroyed or thrown in the ground. I've pulled some awesome stuff from skips before. Technically that is taking from the skip company.

Gudgeon Pin

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Regarding industrial buildings, in the early days of industrial archaeology there was seemingly no ambiguity here, or not where some authors were concerned anyway. I note that J. Kenneth Major in Fieldwork in Industrial Archaeology (1971) says on p. 69: "Many industrial archaeologists find the detective work necessary to read the remains...of derelict industrial buildings very interesting".

Later in the book on p. 146, he says: "The industrial archaeologist will also collect material that he finds on sites where the industry has been closed down. Owners often have no realisation of the importance of the papers belonging to their industrial unit and condemn a great deal of paper to the bonfire. Much of this must indeed be scrap but the industrial archaeologist should look out for diaries, day books, catalogues, letter headings and account books. These should be used - if the fieldworker is proceeding to publication - and then deposited in the local record office. Similarly the industrial archaeologist may find himself collecting artefacts to save them from the scrap yard...The industrial archaeologist should ensure that his material will be deposited in the right place in the event of his death, as an important collection could easily be destroyed through lack of knowledge on the part of his executors".

Who has read this thread (Total: 162) View details