real time web analytics
Report - - Thornaby MPD office block Jan 2011 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Thornaby MPD office block Jan 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have wanted to get into the large office block which sits next door to the old EWS motive power depot at Thornaby for some time now i recently got the chance i dont think ive seen any reports on this building so heres a few from me.

saltergillschoolewsmpdteesofficeblock25111041.jpg

First a couple from the main shed as you can see the shed doors have been lifted and the locos removed the only problem with this is your more likely to be spotted now. Towards the end of this explore i had a rather nasty surprise more of that later.

saltergillschoolewsmpdteesofficeblock25111043.jpg

another one from the main shed, really there's not much left now the locos have gone, i believe the local council have bought this site and will be demolishing all the existing buildings to make way for a new development the usual crap houses office blocks etc etc.

saltergillschoolewsmpdteesofficeblock25111044.jpg

Inside the office block

saltergillschoolewsmpdteesofficeblock25111051.jpg

What i didnt expect to find was the masses of paperwork left i had expected all the rooms to be totally stripped.

saltergillschoolewsmpdteesofficeblock25111052.jpg

saltergillschoolewsmpdteesofficeblock25111060.jpg

saltergillschoolewsmpdteesofficeblock25111070.jpg

saltergillschoolewsmpdteesofficeblock25111076.jpg

saltergillschoolewsmpdteesofficeblock25111068.jpg

Looking at the main servicing shed now in a sorry state.

saltergillschoolewsmpdteesofficeblock25111066.jpg

Local train heading to Thornaby from Middlesbrough

saltergillschoolewsmpdteesofficeblock25111069.jpg

saltergillschoolewsmpdteesofficeblock25111045.jpg

I guess this says it all once one of the biggest marshalling yards in the UK now almost all gone though there is still activity in the yard further east. Back to my little surprise i mentioned earlier i was about to leave by the access point only to see a white car going past holy shit it was the British Transport Police so i made a hasty retreat and watched from the top floor as he drove very slowly right round the shed. Not sure if i had been spotted earlier or this was just a random patrol either way i waited until he had gone then made a quick departure. Just a word of warning really if you visit this place. Thanks for looking.