real time web analytics
Report - - Tilbury B power station 29/05/16 | UK Power Stations | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tilbury B power station 29/05/16

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Dmax

Don't eat my biscuit !
28DL Full Member
Date should be 29/04/16 :)
Well I'm sure you guys know all the history of this place but here's a little info anyway.
Tilbury B was a 1,428 MW co-firing oil and biomass Power Station that had operated between 1967 and 2013. Construction began in 1961 and was opened in 1968. On privatisation in 1990 it was assigned to National Power, but is now owned by RWE npower. The B station contained four generating units, one of which has been decommissioned since the stations opening and ended up being used as spare parts for maintenance of the remaining 3 units. In May 2011 RWE began converting the B station to burn biomass only but in July 2013 they announced they were halting the conversion due to difficulty in converting and financing the plant. The station was mothballed after failing to receive a government grant but is now being stripped and the parts I've been told are being used for other stations around the UK. The control room is really nice as it has all the new technology you would find in a modern power station but they have also kept the original control desks and panels with the dials and switches all still in place. This place is really big so there is a lot to see, it took me two trips to see it all , must say I really enjoyed the last visit, the sun was out and I had beer on the roof what more could anyone ask for :)

Coal_com_01_zpsqgvfbsk1.jpg

Coal_com_00_zpsqlpdzy43.jpg

outside_00_zpsoyofkmee.jpg

under_00_zpsssjq32vu.jpg

sandfilters_01_zpsdm2waooo.jpg

under_01_zpsyrkqwequ.jpg

sandfilters_zpsrf6ihcgl.jpg

The%20Stator_zpsmg2euh9d.jpg

Turbine%20Blades_zpsnd8n6tdh.jpg

Turbine%20Me_zpsqtvgbrkn.jpg

turbinehall_04_zpsyzk6mfpo.jpg

turbinehall_05_zps4nthfliz.jpg

switch_room_zpssmh1fddh.jpg

turbinehall_00_zpsb979i0uz.jpg

turbinehall_01_zpsby3ryikh.jpg

turbinehall_03_zps06a59jsb.jpg

Tilbury%20CR00_zps5a99s81u.jpg

Tilbury%20CR03_zpshmbnjhkb.jpg

Tilbury%20CR01_zpsmalxebk6.jpg

Tilbury%20CR04_zps1oyspzah.jpg

Tilbury%20CR02_zpsmcncjbpg.jpg

roof_00_zpsxmlljj3d.jpg

on%20the%20roof_zps9ux55urx.jpg

Last edited:

Dmax

Don't eat my biscuit !
28DL Full Member
lol yeah that dam flux capacitor is playing up again mate !!

Dmax

Don't eat my biscuit !
28DL Full Member
Thanks for taking the time to comment guys :)
Must say I really enjoyed looking around this place :)

Dmax

Don't eat my biscuit !
28DL Full Member
thanks guys yeah I would have to agree with you mate it is special for sure theres not many left down south :(

Dempsey

The Human Turbine.
28DL Full Member
So much sex in this, but why do you always look like you are going to murder someone in your photos? lol