real time web analytics
Report - - Tolly Cobbold, Cliffe Brewery Ipswich REPORT | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tolly Cobbold, Cliffe Brewery Ipswich REPORT

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I visited what I consider the best derelict brewery in the UK once before, ages and ages ago. So long in fact Raddog and Turk were still in the game and I was appauling at photography, so a return visit for some better photos was in order. As I spent the weekend touring sunny Constable country with Speed it seemed like the perfect chance.

The brewery was MINT on my last visit, however some stripping of metal, both ligit and not has gone on, but it did not detract from the place too much.

What is sad is that the main copper room has suffered from some amature theft, with a tin snip happy pikey cutting a hole in the coppers, and stealing the doors. That might be the final nail for that room, a great shame.

Still plenty of pub stuff, bottles, ephemera and all the goodies I hope to see in a brewery. I also climbed the tower and finally got to see the steam engine that I had missed before.

It is sad to see how the place has gone downhill, but I still rate it at the top of the list for my favourite genre of industrial explores...

The steam engine, which pumped water from the well to the top of the brewery.
tolly-62.jpg

tolly-64.jpg

Suffolk Whites in all their glory
tolly-57.jpg

You can see the hole cut in the copper from this angle. The damage is minimal but it will take skill and money to repair the damage that a couple of quids worth of copper theft has caused.
tolly-16.jpg

tolly-19.jpg

tolly-12.jpg

tolly-11.jpg

tolly-8.jpg

tolly-6.jpg

tolly-2.jpg

tolly-72.jpg

tolly-58.jpg

tolly-54.jpg

tolly-53.jpg

tolly-52.jpg