real time web analytics
Report - - Tonedale Dye Works, Somerset - 26, May | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tonedale Dye Works, Somerset - 26, May

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rypeno

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey guys, this is my first report so sorry if it's a bit rubbish. Would love some criticism! Also apologies in advance for the shoddy camera work. All photos were taking with my mobile phone. I am working on sorting out a proper camera to take on trips.

I'm still not sure whether doing my first ever piece of urban exploration at midnight was a good idea or not. Going with a good friend of mine I drove the short journey from our home town to wellington, it was about half an hour so not a problem.

Exploring the buildings at night was probably one of the first mistakes we made on our journey. We feel we should have arrived earlier in the day to be able to experience the place in full without being jittery and on edge the whole time. Nether the less the eeriness made for a very memorable journey and the darkness allowed for a couple decent photos despite my lack of photographic skills.

P3PsKVY.jpg

cIfi7JJ.jpg

HJU896t.jpg

Qybgglb.jpg

mDIpjod.jpg

O42DuBm.jpg

1PW2AGF.jpg

lvN974f.jpg

RdmQRuV.jpg

HcJ1cPf.jpg

Thanks for reading my Report. Hope you enjoyed. Look forward to any criticism.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
Well done for getting out there but if you're gonna do stuff at night you really need to invest in a tripod, a decent torch and some light painting lessons. Also you need to add a bit of history about the place you're visiting. But, for a first report you've done quite well.

Looks like this place has really taken a kicking since I was last there.

Nathen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well done for getting out there but if you're gonna do stuff at night you really need to invest in a tripod, a decent torch and some light painting lessons. Also you need to add a bit of history about the place you're visiting. But, for a first report you've done quite well.

Looks like this place has really taken a kicking since I was last there.
I can tell you that the torch has been covered :p We are sorting cameras and other equipment as we get better and go to more places. Do you have any photos? It would be interesting to see the differences.

Last edited:

Nathen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Might as well go back in the day. It's rather lovely.
Rypeno and I have returned since to view it in the day, we found way more than we did at night but a few things happened that day that led us to believe we we were followed... Overall great experience and we will return again.

Nathen

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
And one of the least sketchy explores you can do.

It is one of the least sketchiest I agree but a lot of the rooms only have one way in and out and if you were to get caught off guard in there.... who knows but common sense will keep you safe in there. :)

Hidden History

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi does this site have security or redevelopment planned? I'd like to visit- just want to know in advance

Thanks