real time web analytics
Report - - Tonedale Mill, Wellington - February 2024 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tonedale Mill, Wellington - February 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Tobin

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My first post for a few years, but I finally got round to seeing this gem.

THE HISTORY
Tonedale Mills, together with the neighbouring Tone Works, is a large textile mill in Wellington, Somerset, and the largest in South West England.
Owned for over 200 years by members of the Fox family (see Fox Brothers), it was most famous for the production of 'Taunton serge', and later the khaki cloth and puttees used by the British Army.
The mill was established in the middle of the eighteenth century, and thrived during the industrial revolution.
At its peak, around 6,500 metres (21,300 ft) of material was produced at the factory each day.
The cheap cost of producing fabric in third-world countries contributed to the factory mostly closing during the 1980s.

THE EXPLORE
Not much to say here really, it was a pretty effortless explore.
I was very excited to arrive and first stop was the boiler house and engine room, what a fascinating area of the mill.
we headed over to the "other side" but didn't find much but an old winch on the top floor.
The floors in the main mill are getting very rotten, so extreme care was taken when shooting the Autoconers.

_MG_0498-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0493-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0503-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0513-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0518-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0523-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0528-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0533-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0538-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0543-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0553-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0558-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0563-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0573-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0578-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0583-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0588-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0593-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0598-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

_MG_0618-Enhanced-NR-HDR.jpg

Thanks for looking, I'm planning on posting all my explores here as I've been very slack of recent.

(please let me know if I've missed anything from this post)