real time web analytics
Report - - Tottenham House, Severnake. April 2012/2014 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tottenham House, Severnake. April 2012/2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Sneaky_d

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The house, which has more than one hundred rooms, stands in Savernake Forest and belongs to the Trustees of Savernake Estate. Most of the present building, built for the Marquess of Alisbury, dates from the 1820s, but it also incorporates parts of earlier houses on the site.

A new house to supplant the earlier one was designed by R Boyle for his brother-in-law Lord Bruce in 1721; H Flintoff was the executant architect. Wings were added to Burlington's block in the 1730s. Burlington's Banqueting House in the park was built in 1743 and demolished in 1824. The house was enlarged and remodelled in 1823-26 by T crundy, who had previously (1818) designed stables there for the Marquess of Ailesbury.

In 2006 the house, with its 50-horse stable block, outbuildings and some farmland, was leased for 150 years to a consortium of Golf Club Investment Holdings, Conduit Investments, and (as Operator) the Buena Vista Hospitality Group of Orlando, Florida with the intention of creating a luxury hotel, conference, spa, and golfing centre. Full Planning Permission was obtained, with the co-operation of the local Planning Authority and English Heritage, and an investment in the project of £50 million was announced. However 18 months later, before starting any building work, the consortium failed during the recession, and the lease ended.

In 2014 the trustees sold the house for £11.25m to an undisclosed buyer after overcoming a legal challenge from the Earl of Cardigan.

I have paid several visits to this lovely place and will try and show you some different views. It is a bit of a trek to find espically if you stray off the paths and scout the abandoned buildings dotted near by, but well worth the walk.

On with a few pics. I have more which I can add later. The property is now heavily guarded by both physical and electronic security measures.

th1_zpsaca6pcvn.jpg

The Conservatory.

th4_zpsjndvjbi4.jpg

th10_zpshqmbc5np.jpg

th7_zpswaiyafuq.jpg

th9_zpszcyibw9f.jpg

th6_zpsd0dph4tc.jpg

th8_zpslncaivbe.jpg

th3_zpsuv1vhegj.jpg

The stable block

th2_zpssh7csxnm.jpg

Last edited:

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User
Hi mate, you are going to need to upload these to a hosting site such as Flickr or Photobucket then copy and paste each photo link back to here, you can't directly upload pics to here.

The_Raw

Staff member
Ah mate that's epic, I can vouch for the extra security measures, Gurkhas on bicycles ftw :p

Would love to see more shots if you've got them as I'll be surprised if anyone else makes it inside here for a while

Sneaky_d

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ah mate that's epic, I can vouch for the extra security measures, Gurkhas on bicycles ftw :p

Would love to see more shots if you've got them as I'll be surprised if anyone else makes it inside here for a while

Thanks mate. I've got s few more I can upload when back on the PC