real time web analytics
Report - - Transistor - Milton Keynes - May 2016 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Transistor - Milton Keynes - May 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbanCaving

Sewer Rat
28DL Full Member
This is a report ive been holding on to for some time as you can tell by the date, Not because it is anything special but just to avoid unwanted attention in the area. Like plunger this is another drain that took a fair amount of leg work by myself @Ojay and @Punk walking along supposed routes, lifting lids etc. Like everything in MK its under manholes. No walk ins here.

In fact the night myself and @Punk actually popped the right lid, it was 3am on May bank holiday and we decided to not bother with the urban camo... A casual drunkard walks past us as we lifted the lid and expressed his sympathy as to having to work on the "Sewers" on a bank holiday morning... Our response was that... "People keep shitting on a bank holiday and at least its double time". He believed us and went about his merry way.

This drain from the sumped out fall starts out in a stoopy twin box section (Which i dont have many photos of). All in all for a storm system it is pretty bland and featureless but does have some attractive chambers... so here are some photos...

IMG_1133.jpg

IMG_1137.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1125.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1143.jpg

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Like everything in MK its under manholes. No walk ins here.

Just genuinely curious and interested as to why that would be? I got flak for going on about the sumps in the plunger thread, but is it because of sumped outfalls, and are the infalls heavily grated or secured in some other way?

UrbanCaving

Sewer Rat
28DL Full Member
Just genuinely curious and interested as to why that would be? I got flak for going on about the sumps in the plunger thread, but is it because of sumped outfalls, and are the infalls heavily grated or secured in some other way?

Well most of these are storm drains and not culverts so any watercourses entering these systems have very tiny infalls. There are some exceptions to this rule in MK but it does seem to be the standard design to use sumps... And it makes sense as most of the hard rubbish flow ends up floating into sump chambers of which should be cleared out by the local water authority.

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for clearing that up UC. A very different setup to the stoop or walk-in type of culverts/drains we have in the manchester/NW then. Was just wondering if there is also a geographical reason behind it, like the lie of the land?