real time web analytics
Report - - Tullis Russell Power Plant , Glenthroes - Dec 2016 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Tullis Russell Power Plant , Glenthroes - Dec 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Visited with @Idavoll - first stop on our 48 hour mad weekend around Scotland taking in many asylums and this cracking place. It was originally just a stop en route to elsewhere but glad we did stop by. Lovely selection of Parsons and proper bit of old school industry.

The plant closed in 2012 when they built a new biomass plant to power the paper mill until its closure last year.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Has it all been switched off now? Looks so derpy! the control room looks dead?

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Has it all been switched off now? Looks so derpy! the control room looks dead?

Powers still on, i think they've powered down various bits and bobs. The panels & control room were still live as far as I could tell without turning shit on.

Someone clearly still goes in now and again and keeps an eye on it.

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
Good job, really do like this place, think I've only ever seen Andy's pics from inside the mill, be interested to hear if others have managed it.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Did you manage to venture into the mill itself at all?

Unfortunatley not. On a tight schedule to get through Stratheden and then on to Sunnyside by night fall.. I think will be back for the mill next year...

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Unfortunatley not. On a tight schedule to get through Stratheden and then on to Sunnyside by night fall.. I think will be back for the mill next year...

Good stuff, I'm curious as to what's left mainly. Don't hold your breath too much, there were shipping containers with machinery in out the back when we went, but you never really know what will be left at these kind of places

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
I know plenty of 'non28' people have been in the mill but not seen anything that really blew me away from there. The old part was demod a few years back to build the chp plant. Still I bet in a site this size your going to keep finding bits for a few years to come if it just sits there.

The_Raw

Staff member
Sweet. Got far too drunk the night before we were meant to visit here, what a mistake-ah to make-ah

the goalie

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good job, really do like this place, think I've only ever seen Andy's pics from inside the mill, be interested to hear if others have managed it.
I've been in a cupl of times now and that's the 1st time I've saw the old boiler house in daylight...T.R looks totally different now compared to ur pics...lot of it is down but there's still a fair bit still standing...security has bn upped from when the 1st time got inside...but still do-able