real time web analytics
Report - - TURNER BROTHERS ASBESTOS,Rochdale 2020 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - TURNER BROTHERS ASBESTOS,Rochdale 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
My mask is a proper asbestos mask. i threw away the filters and bought replacements. wasnt a cheap one lol

But for you to be properly protected from asbestos you'd need to dispose of all your clothes immediately after the explore to avoid dragging the fibres back into your car, home, wherever else. A mask is good at protecting your lungs but it doesn't stop fibres from attaching themselves to your clothes and shoes, it's one of the big urbex fallacies that a mask is all you need to protect yourself from asbestos.

ReeceUrbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
But for you to be properly protected from asbestos you'd need to dispose of all your clothes immediately after the explore to avoid dragging the fibres back into your car, home, wherever else. A mask is good at protecting your lungs but it doesn't stop fibres from attaching themselves to your clothes and shoes, it's one of the big urbex fallacies that a mask is all you need to protect yourself from asbestos.
i had overalls and mask. i was covered up lol. they got disposed off.

Jackdaw47

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I worked in a Power Plant and we had a tank in the middle of the building covered in Asbestos, before they even broke the surface of the covering , they sealed that whole area from top to bottom, plastic sheeting negative air pumps the whole lot.
It cost a bundle for a company to come in and remove that shit. I cannot imagine what it would cost to clean that factory and surrounding area, I bet know one will touch it the factory is like chernobyl sitting there Killing all and sundry.
Good report and pics,

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I think people forget this was a place of work up until very recently. In latter years it made Kevlar and other fibre based fabrics.

Don't go digging holes in the woods and you'll be fine...

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Thought this might be of interest, an advert for Turner Brothers from a 1949 Electrified Industry magazine I recently came into possession of care of my grandmother clearing out her attic.

*edit* after double checking my notes it turns out this is a different Turners - still cool though!

IMG_20201216_173108.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 348) View details