real time web analytics
Report - - Underground in a Midlands Coal Mine - 21.09.08 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Underground in a Midlands Coal Mine - 21.09.08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

myke

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As an ex coal miner I recognise most things but never seen as much brickwork in a roadway as that . Liking the pictures they bring back many memories.

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
As an ex coal miner I recognise most things but never seen as much brickwork in a roadway as that . Liking the pictures they bring back many memories.

It was originally intended to be a railway tunnel but it was abandoned due to structural problems (which are VERY evident when you get to the end!). The adits were sunk off the main tunnel later on.

Praada

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
can you please mail me regarding this location? I am an experienced mine explorer, but have never been down a coal drift mine, mainly due to being told they are an absolute no go at anytime... Seems that this one is relatively safe in terms of bad air and low o2 levels? Any help on location and information for this mine much appreciated, happily return the favour for any mines around wales and the peak district :) Have many local to myself in the peaks which i'd be happy to show you around!

WHISKY ALPHA 03

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I don't mean to offend anyone but its a mine sorry tho i just don't like theses explores
Simple answer mate!!....aa shudn't need ti say owt aboot that attitude.......but aam one who canna keep me gob shut when summik irritates me.....
A agree wi' elhomer and Pirate!!
AA canna understand eny bugga who visits a thread with the intention of pulling it doon,why not just ignore it and move on!!
Aam an aad Geordie pitman wi skin like bell-metal.....nowt offends me at aal....aav had it aal owa thorty yeors,so a speak me mind,but not ti be nasty wi it,just speakin wat's on me mind!!!
Nae hard feeling's mate!
Keep postin',but constructively,please,if ye can!!