real time web analytics
Report - - Ushaw College - Durham, Aug 2014 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ushaw College - Durham, Aug 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

fairy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I visited this amazing place on Monday

History curtosy of wikipedia

Ushaw College, a former Catholic seminary and Licensed Hall of Residence of the University of Durham, covers 400 acres in the village of Ushaw Moor in the UK. It was founded in 1808 by scholars from English College, Douai, who had fled France after that college had been closed during the French Revolution. Ushaw College had been affiliated with the University of Durham since 1968. Until 2011, Ushaw was the principal Roman Catholic seminary in the north of England for the training of Catholic priests; finally closing in 2011 due to the shortage of vocations. The buildings and grounds are now occupied and maintained by the Ushaw charitable trust, and Durham University Business School is using the buildings from April 2012 for two years, whilst its own site is redeveloped.

10s7uoz.jpg

oij5c.jpg

2a29si.jpg

23w1pg3.jpg

21n47c7.jpg

33ehi5c.jpg

zmo9ia.jpg

35a9o4g.jpg

kajki0.jpg

2wfobox.jpg

35ajcxf.jpg

sxg3uw.jpg

mwd1qw.jpg

2d6hpg.jpg

2z5m7gl.jpg

j6tobq.jpg

28tw5s4.jpg

Horus

Butt Wipe
28DL Full Member
Nice collection of pictures, quick tip, i'd leave out what day you visited, I know you haven't given exactly what date you went but still, just saves any drama if the site owner or security decide that something has been damaged in the property and decide it was you that did it.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
nice ones :thumb

Looking well trashed now, like the Shiel Duck pic though :)

We visited a few weeks ago and managed a total of @ 2 mins on site before getting busted :rolleyes: We hadn"t even shut the car boot before the camera gear was going back in lol

It seemed after a few recent visits by others they were certainly on the ball.

fairy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We must of just been lucky, no one was to be seen when we went.

I enjoyed this one so much think I may go back.

Turtleton30

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah agree there mate I'm just a newbie and was greeted by durham university security who really didnt want us being there and a guy who claimed he lived in a part of it who instructed we stayed on the grounds and away from "the old part" Really feel like I need to get in here :/

Great pictures though! :)

Jippers1

28DL Member
28DL Member
nice pics, maybe go back here sometime but we shall see, the chapel used to be awesome [Facebook link removed, please inset image not link] :P

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details