real time web analytics
Report - - Ushaw College Feb 2011 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ushaw College Feb 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

catbalou

off the wall
Regular User
Yes... It's this weeks installment of the "House of Ushaw" :)

Was doubtful about posting this so soon since its been done a lot, but thought I may as well put it up, to prove I was there. It seems this place is quite busy of late with perhaps more Urban Explorers than the pigeons who frequent it!

History of this place has been covered loads, so without going into vast detail that you're probably all familiar with, my shortened version is that it is a Roman Catholic Seminary, Grade II listed building, 4 miles north west of Durham City.
Since its foundation in 1808, it has been primarily concerned with educating students for catholic priesthood. It is a direct descendent of the English college at Dounai in France.

I visited this lovely building with Sed one sunny afternoon recently. Have to say, the view from the roof was lovely and could have quite easily spent more time up there, but it was a rush last-minute decision explore and time wasnt on my side after spending the first part of the day at another explore. I've posted a couple of pics of the lovely graveyard from there too.

The various tales of 'comical access' didnt let me down.. after ripping my jeans on an earlier explore in the day, I now was the not-so-proud-owner of the "wettest muddiest bum" award..."Fashion Disaster" number 2, of what was a busy day :)

46.jpg

48.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

12.jpg

15.jpg

21.jpg

23.jpg

27.jpg

30.jpg