real time web analytics
Report - - Van Leer Offices [Former NCR], Dundee. 06.03.09 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Van Leer Offices [Former NCR], Dundee. 06.03.09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Gorecki

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
After seeing Dweeb's wee report on here I HAD to make a visit.
This building haunts me. I've past it literally hundreds of time and always thought what an ugly looking thing in the middle of the car park. I never would have thought there be anything in it.

1115423.jpg

It was built in 1946 by architects Bennet, Beard and Wilkins.
It was origianlly a horizontal modern stee-framed cash register and adding machine factory. Stock brick cladding with cream-coloured concrete margins and coping. "Set in extensive gardens with company bowling green and tennis court".

"For the National Cash Register Company (Manufacturing) Ltd on land taken by Dundee Corporation from the Camperdown estate to offer a prestige site attractive to American investment. This was the first factory in Scotland to be occupied by an American company after the war and was important in the post-war push to diversify Scotland's industrial base. From 1986 occupied by Van Leer Tay, for the manufacture of polyproplene bulk bags, and thus reverted to a more traditional local industry. Inscription "NCR Camperdown" now removed."

Didn't bring a torch :crazy
Well done me eh!! Anyway my flash on my camera suggested it's some kind of safe on the lower ground floor, it's sealed shut.

IMG_0196copy.jpg

IMG_0187copy.jpg

IMG_0176copy.jpg

IMG_0154copy.jpg

IMG_0173copy.jpg

IMG_0174copy.jpg

IMG_0193copy.jpg