real time web analytics
Report - - Wades LTD, Hill Works, Stoke-on-Trent, Oct 2012 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Wades LTD, Hill Works, Stoke-on-Trent, Oct 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

BAJ

Belgian Anus Jabber
28DL Full Member
Visited this place twice, once with Ravenwing93 and Demonhunter, and once with Humpa.

History

The Hill Works, built in 1814 by John and Richard Riley, replicating the corner plan and arched coach entrance of Enoch Wood’s Fountain Place Works, and displaying the customary Venetian façade.

Considering to be "one of the best pottery offices and warehouses" remaining in the city. Wade Heath and Co. and then Wades Ltd. occupied the building from 1954 to 2010 when they moved to new works at the Festival Site, Etruria.

http://www.wade.co.uk/

The reason for visiting twice is because the first time I went I thought "Great, another shitderp in Stoke", but after seeing other reports and seeing that it was actually pretty decent in places I thought I better get my arse into gear and get there again. Anyway, enough of my life story and on with the pics:

Wades0067.jpg

Wades0004.jpg

Wades0026.jpg

Whimsies:
In August of 1952, the war restriction was finally lifted and George Wade Pottery once again began production of decorated ware for the home. Following a huge drop in the demand for industrial ceramics after the war, George Wade Pottery decided to reintroduce their retail line of pre-War animal figurines in 1953. The new figurines, boxed in sets of 5, proved to be a far better success than even Wade could have imagined. These new miniature porcelain animal figurines were called "Whimsies".

Wades0008.jpg

Wades0010.jpg

Wades0011.jpg

The Tourist Room:

Wades0029.jpg

Wades0030.jpg

Wades0043.jpg

Wades0044.jpg

Wades0058.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look:D