real time web analytics
Report - - Wallescote Soda Ash Works - 5/5/07 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Wallescote Soda Ash Works - 5/5/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

D

Damon

Faced with an afternoon with very little to do, I decided a wee bit of UE was in order. Since Zippy was in the region, I was hoping to tag along with him on his Northern exploits. Unfortunately I was a bit late, as he and Pixie were already well on their way to the North East somewhere.....:(

Not to be deterred, I belled another partner in crime, who coincidentally was also feeling the need for rust, rot and fettid pidgeonshit! We both had a hankering for something big and industrial, and given that I hadn't actually been here yet we plumbed for a casual stroll around Wallescote Soda Ash Works.

Its certainly an eye opener when the first part of a site you enter is consumed with the horrific odour of a sewage treatment plant, but a few minutes walking and it soon cleared up.

Wallescote is a must for the fan of Industrial UE. There's plenty of large machinery and small details to keep anyone busy for a day, and the climbing UE'er will not be disappointed either. I don't think R1 was impressed that I kept disappearing every time I saw somewhere higher than I was already. Had I not been nursing a stinking hangover we might well have been there through til sunset, but as it was I wussed out by about 6pm.

So thanks to Romanian1 for coming up with the plan, and keeping me upright for a large part of the explore. Oh, and well done for getting right up top mate. We'll sort out your issue with heights by chucking you right in at the deep end til you either get used to it or end up a gibbering wreck :thumb

Here's some pics.

Roof1.jpg

Chains.jpg

Framework.jpg

Mesh.jpg

7Floors.jpg

DBS.jpg

Stop.jpg

SelfSilos.jpg

Wired.jpg

Wheel.jpg

Girder.jpg

R

romanian1

Re: Wallescote Soda Ash Works - 5/5/07 - REPORT

What a fantastic place this is, my second visit but i found plenty i hadnt seen the first time mainly due to the fact i think my fear of heights is getting marginally better and i braved all the upper levels this time thanks to Damon encouraging me on.

Anyway some pics which pale in comparison to Damons the swine.:D

DSCF3085.jpg

DSCF3070.jpg

DSCF3084.jpg

DSCF3081.jpg

DSCF3079.jpg

DSCF3108.jpg

DSCF3096.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details