real time web analytics
Question - - Information wanted just the name | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Information wanted just the name

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Polominto73

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi all racking my brain cells here trying to find the name of base that was used by a branch of security forces know it had a mine attached to it apparently they moved to new hq international security something ?? Had seen post with narrow gauge train in pic if this narrows it down any

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
In the UK?
Security forces and international security are both terms I would associate more with overseas installations.
I think most mines probably had a narrow gauge railway and if you look worldwide there's thousands of bases built on or next to a mine.

Need more info really. Picture on this site with a train? A recent post, did you comment on the thread or liked it?
Sometimes trawling Google images with various search terms gets a good starting point.

Polominto73

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
In the UK?
Security forces and international security are both terms I would associate more with overseas installations.
I think most mines probably had a narrow gauge railway and if you look worldwide there's thousands of bases built on or next to a mine.
Thanks mate knew a would a sensible answer from someone found out i
Need more info really. Picture on this site with a train? A recent post, did you comment on the thread or liked it?
Sometimes trawling Google images with various search terms gets a good starting point.

WATERMOUSE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
sounds sort of like Rudloe manor/Burlington bunker.....only special forces we have are SAS based in Hereford and SBS

illegalalien

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
sounds sort of like Rudloe manor/Burlington bunker.....only special forces we have are SAS based in Hereford and SBS

Special Reconnaissance Regiment and 18 (UKSF) Signals Regiment are also regular special forces, as are the Adjutant General's Corps, but that is a different sort of "special".

Polominto73

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks to all found from a few of you it's chilmark :thumb now looking to see if this place is still accessable

WATERMOUSE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Special Reconnaissance Regiment and 18 (UKSF) Signals Regiment are also regular special forces, as are the Adjutant General's Corps, but that is a different sort of "special".
yes i forgot about about the first two you mentioned ....but adjutant Generals Corps seems odd they would consider them "special forces" as if I remember correct don't they cover administrational type duties..

Polominto73

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Does anyone have pics of the mock up with the train carriages+ apparently the set up of a major incident?

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
Does anyone have pics of the mock up with the train carriages+ apparently the set up of a major incident?

Don't recall ever hearing about anything like that at Chilmark.

Littlebrook Power station was in the news early 2016 with something similar, a mock up of a collapse at Waterloo iirc. Did you maybe mean that?

Polominto73

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No definitely chilmark it was apparently used by isee for training purposes was mocked up to look like major incident. I will look into little brook site thanks .