real time web analytics
Report - - West Park Asylum Various 2009 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - West Park Asylum Various 2009

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rookinella

I should have danced all night
28DL Full Member
Visited with (deep breath) Speed, Alias, Rigsby, Dweeb, Raddog, Turkey, KT, Danny, Becca, Alick, James, Syban, Nat ummmmm some others I can't remember...!

Yes here I am about to commit social suicide in the eyes of some (if I didn't already do that years ago). Last summer when me and Alias drove up to London once of twice a week, we would often stop by West Park for a bit to kill some time before meeting Siologen and then the Midlands Contingent and myself ventured there after a night out in London in September some time. We've also driven up there a couple of times on various outings for arty photo trips and extreme picnics.

All these little trips have resulted in a fuck load of photos that I've never bothered to post because it seems to be the favourite moaning topic for the year. But meh, I like the place and it smells amazing. I've definitely noticed things changing like floors falling through, smashy windows, more graffiti etc. but with everything, the poor girl has a life cycle and she can't stay pristine like she was about five years ago.

Back in July, we picked sloe berries to make sloe gin and it's gone down a treat apparently! West Park also yields many blackberries and apples (yuck sour!) It's seen many little explorer shoes over the last year which I know is not to everyone's taste but I'm glad so many people have taken photos of something that will never be built on that scale for that very purpose ever again. It's probably been photographed from nearly every angle, stuff salvaged and dare I say it, a few bare bums on various surfaces.

Hummm I think that's it! Cheers everyone :thumb

DSCF2013.jpg

DSCF2017R.jpg

DSC_0080-1R.jpg

DSC_0164R-2.jpg

DSCF2009R.jpg

DSCF2119-600.jpg

DSC_0594-1.jpg

DSC_0608-2.jpg

DSC_0614-2.jpg

DSC_0268R-1.jpg

DSC_0272R-1.jpg