real time web analytics
Report - - West Park - November 2010 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - West Park - November 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

analepsis

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Overnighting West Park is not so much fun. Don't think of doing it unless you need all day and the morning light to shoot. Dragging yourself through the tunnels is bad enough; doing it with only a draughty room on the other side is worse. When the owls start moaning and the building starts creaking, keeping you awake, it becomes a little bit dark.

The upside is that as soon as the sun breaks the sky you have the whole place to run around in. And it is beautiful. It's got to be one of the most interesting sites in Western Europe at the moment... but it is getting ruined FAST. So go now or be damned. As a side note once I woke up the navigation was relatively easy... no hassle and I got to see the one thing I was after and got out without a hitch. again. good luck or pure karma? either way it was enjoyable. These shots are ok but not so good as the other ones I did, which were on film. [and i didn't take them all yesterday.. I've been there three times in the last week]

Untitled-2.jpg

DSCF1578.jpg

DSCF1400.jpg

DSCF1479.jpg

DSCF1462.jpg

DSCF1562.jpg

DSCF1350.jpg

DSCF1339.jpg

DSCF1312.jpg

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
good effort mate and some nice photos. How far along is she now? Ive heard that contractors are very active over most of the site now. We always thought against stayig the night, i like my sleep too much lol :thumb

analepsis

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
good effort mate and some nice photos. How far along is she now? Ive heard that contractors are very active over most of the site now. We always thought against stayig the night, i like my sleep too much lol :thumb

They seem to be sweeping from the north end downwards... I think the three big wards including Masefield and Kipling are gone. There's green hoarding round those sections... and I could hear (and also saw) the diggers clattering away over there all morning. The contractors have also been busy west of there. It looks like they've set up shop in one of the most westerly buildings of the main site. Lights on in there quite late into the night, while they strip out the salvage I guess. As you're probably aware the main site office is right in the middle and it's a bit tricky getting around it, but on the other hand a lot of the formerly boarded up sections of corridor have now been ripped down, probably so the contractors can move around more easily. Having said that, I don't think they're working everywhere all at once. It looks more like they are focusing on a few sections at a time.

sho

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one, Really liking the shots. Good to see its still hanging on.

What was the one thing you were after if you mind me asking?:rolleyes:

jST

LLS.
Regular User
Top quality report matey - I believe that's a 1985/6 Coke Can right there... quality.

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details