real time web analytics
Question - - What is your thoughts on this new Abandoned World app | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - What is your thoughts on this new Abandoned World app

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Explore With Alex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have recently found out about this new app called Abandoned World as many people have made tik toks about it is very bad for us the propper urban explorers as we reasearch find new locations and these kids all they have to do now is download A app search for locations in there area then go there and graffiti them trash them and burn them down I think this app is awful for us Urban Explorers and I think it should be removed what is your thoughts on this? (The photo is an example of rhe app and how it shows you the location)

Explore With Alex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
IMG_2913.png

Sorry forgot to add picture on main post so have added A response for it

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
I have recently found out about this new app called Abandoned World as many people have made tik toks about it is very bad for us the propper urban explorers as we reasearch find new locations and these kids all they have to do now is download A app search for locations in there area then go there and graffiti them trash them and burn them down I think this app is awful for us Urban Explorers and I think it should be removed what is your thoughts on this? (The photo is an example of rhe app and how it shows you the location)

On a serious note, I've just had a look at my hometown on it, the local municipal park is listed which definitely isn't abandoned and the other two things were demo'd 5-10+ years ago.

These apps pop up all the time, it won't last long, just an encyclopaedia of soggy/ smashed up derps.

IMG_4806.JPG

Last edited:

Ryhsj

Proud Welsh
28DL Full Member
having a map that tells you all the spots is only gonna help kids and pikies get to them easier, part of exploring is finding the spots yourself, and not necessarily gatekeeping them, but just keeping it on the lowdown. Having the spots just on a free map will only draw unnecessary attention to these spots.

tigger

mog
Regular User
">> Discover hidden gems off the beaten path! Explore a different side of your surroundings by venturing beyond tourist spots. Try abandoned locations for a unique adventure!"
A couple of hundred thousand installs. Around since at least 2019 so hardly new!

Catering for a particular kind of market and I can't imagine any 'real' 'urban explorer' even considering downloading it.

Needs to be sent to the British Bulls1t Company/Daily Fail etc. so it can get some real traction and advance the 'scene' and interest more 'teams'.

On the other hand perhaps it was just someones idea of a way to document photo locations rather than places to dump litter.