real time web analytics
Question - - Wide angle lenses | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Wide angle lenses

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
28DL Full Member
-sigma 10-20 is the benchmark, standard uber wide, only problem is its a shifting benchmark, some people get a version that produces 'soft' pictures, sigma will sort it out but thats hassle and not and option if its grey import or second hand.

tamron 11-18 thats what I'd go with.

drhowser

Bespectacled & irrelevant
Regular User
Tokina 116 here too, I've had a Sigma 10-20 and the Tokina is in a dfferent league, That's before you consider that it stops down to f2.8.

Colonialist

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yep, Tokina 116, bought it a couple of months back in Hong Kong after browsing the recomendations on a previous thread here. -It's not been off the camera since!

Els

Obsessed with BS7671
Regular User
Sigma 10 20 and pentax fisheye. Remember these are quite slow lenses so they won't work well in certain situations ie taking pictures of a live band unless your camera performs well at a high iso

Ric

темний Прип'ять
28DL Full Member
Tokina 11-16mm the best UWA for DX crop sensors.

i would have kept it if it worked on full frame :(

LordLatto

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I took invisablemans advice and dropped into my local camera shop yesterday and had a play with the Sigma 10-20mm and loved it. What a difference you get from 18mm focal length to 10. They didn't have a Tokina 11-16 but im watching one on ebay and its closing soon. So far the price is at £396. second hand but in tip top condition. Good price?

jST

LLS.
Regular User
If it doesn't go any higher then yes. They go for around £375 - £420ish depending on where you look. I sold mine about 3 months ago for £400 third hand.

LordLatto

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
cheers jST. I'll watch the countdown and maybe jump in. ;)

Oh.. while i wrote this, it ended!! Time flew by, didnt realise that so many minutes had passed! It went for £411. (28 bidders) !!

Last edited:

Madaxe

Always been the caretaker
28DL Full Member
Got the Sigma 8-16mm a while back now and I have barely taken it off my camera.
Nice heavy build quality and feels great just like my other Sigma.
I'm absolutely in love with it.
Highly recommended.:thumb

HeXt

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I use the Tokina 10-17mm fisheye and Canon 10-22mm wide angle.

Treadstone

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Got the Sigma 8-16mm a while back now and I have barely taken it off my camera.
Nice heavy build quality and feels great just like my other Sigma.
I'm absolutely in love with it.
Highly recommended.:thumb

My Sigma 10-20 has been on camera for most of my exploring shots since I got it. Great build quality - which is the exact opposite of the other sigma I used to own (100-300). :-)

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details