real time web analytics
Report - - Williamsons Fire and rescue Equipment, Oldham - (Early August 2015) | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Williamsons Fire and rescue Equipment, Oldham - (Early August 2015)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ZoroLime

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So this explore was the first time the rest of the team had some form of camera equipment which meant they didn't have to complain at me for being too slow with my picture taking! This is another one of those buildings that i have drove past twice a day and never noticed but anyway i visited with @TechyTadpole who should be posting his report very soon as well as a non member sporting his new Go Pro (unlikely to post on here).

A little bit of history and information:

Williamsons is an Oldham original family business specializing in the trading of fire and safety equipment. The business opened in the 1920s which will probably explain the stable's inside and the variety of relics. These relics contrast the running years of the 21st century. As far as i know the business closed in 2011 from previous posts and articles. The reason for closure is a matter of opinion in some of the articles claim it was the metrolinks fault cutting off access whilst others suggest the company was just not keeping up with modern times, which i can see both sides of the story.

Our visit:

This place was next on my list after Gateshead Mill but never got round to it at the time but after seeing some posts recently i had to go for myself before anything changed too much haha. So we arrived at Oldham Mumps tram station at about 6 in the evening glad to see the rain earlier had cleared and the sun was out. We made our way to the back of the main warehouse looking for a less obvious entrance than the front door. To get out of view we climbed over a very sharp and pointy gate which took me about 2 seconds but the rest of the team a little longer as clearly their climbing skills were not on point, only to find a dead end. So we prepared the Go Pro and went in through the front door literally, entering into what looked like the first part of the shop. All together we spent around an hour or so exploring making sure we were alone as this place just went on and on with little nooks and cranny's at every aspect, we then spent around an hour and a half going back through taking pictures of all our favorite bits... so pretty much everything. I loved the caged scaffold storage area up on the top floor and the photo room even though it did have a distinct smell of crap. I was actually surprised at the lack of graffiti with it being so close to the town but i'm not complaining! All in all one of my favorite explores yet and a definite for anyone who lives in the area with a bit of spare time on their hands.

Some unedited shots from the visit:

Image00001.jpg

Image00002.jpg

Image00003.jpg

Image00004.jpg

Image00005.jpg

Image00006.jpg

Image00007.jpg

Image00008.jpg

Image00009.jpg

Image00010.jpg

Image00011.jpg

Image00012.jpg

Image00013.jpg

Image00014.jpg

Image00015.jpg

Image00016.jpg

Image00017.jpg

Image00018.jpg

Image00019.jpg

Image00020.jpg

Image00021.jpg

Image00022.jpg

Image00023.jpg

Image00024.jpg

Image00025.jpg

Image00026.jpg

Image00027.jpg

Image00028.jpg

Image00029.jpg

Image00030.jpg

Thanks for viewing, open to criticism :thumb

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Nicely done, it's a great little venue with plenty to see but not all in one place. Cheers for posting :thumb

Will Knot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great place, called in recently, some decent bits in there :D
Well done, nice pics too :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details