real time web analytics
Information - - Willow close ironstone mine | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Willow close ironstone mine

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Thebritishunter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i know this may not be the right area to post this in but has anybody got any infomation upon the willow close ironstone mine outside of slipton? i am planning to hopefully explore it but i don't know whether it has been sealed up or whether it is still open. and it would be gratefully appreciated if anybody had a map of it as i knew diehardlove had one but sadly you can't get hold of him now.
many thanks.

FaZy_UK

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Hi.

It looks like this is your first post, so not a good idea to start off by asking for something...

Second, not always best to go naming places and locations straight away mate.

Also, anyone who has a map is unlikely to just hand it out due to the dangers of exploring mines, and also the difficulty in obtaining those maps.

Willow close itself is sealed currently due to the attention it received some time ago.

Ironstone mines are extremely dangerous, due to the low oxygen levels (the iron leeches the o2 from the air).

You would need proper equipment and knowledge before even considering going into one.

Best bet is to post up a couple of reports, get yourself known, then people will trust you a bit and be more likely to invite you to those sorts explores.

Best of luck mate

Tobin

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There is a way in but as fazy_uk says ironstone mines are very dangerous. The o2 levels in willow close can get extremely low. This being said with the right equipment and experience it's doable.. put up a new member post and people will be much more willing to help you..

FaZy_UK

28DL Regular User
Regular User
There is a way in but as fazy_uk says ironstone mines are very dangerous. The o2 levels in willow close can get extremely low. This being said with the right equipment and experience it's doable.. put up a new member post and people will be much more willing to help you..

I was being delibaretaly obtuse mate...

Don't want the last remaining access fucked up by some newbie that hasn't even taken the time to acknowledge the advice given on this thread :)

Thebritishunter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
alright thank you for the advice, I've been on the forums for a while now, just been a lurker that's all. i'll push Willow close back as a exploration because i'm planning on going to the remains of RAF Grafton Underwood for my first Explore.

FaZy_UK

28DL Regular User
Regular User
alright thank you for the advice, I've been on the forums for a while now, just been a lurker that's all. i'll push Willow close back as a exploration because i'm planning on going to the remains of RAF Grafton Underwood for my first Explore.

Good plan mate...

Cheers for letting us know :)

Get a few reports up and someone should give you a nod when they're ready

Enjoy!