real time web analytics
Report - - Willow Pool and Baron Antiques MAY 16 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Willow Pool and Baron Antiques MAY 16

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

350cewild

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi Everyone,

So this ones a bit of everything. Considering I got message on a old report that I had been reported to police I was straight back out there today! meh! as @Ojay says.

History

This was a magical garden and reclamation centre near the town of Lymm in Cheshire which closed down in August 2013. It was quite unique and I remember visting it as a child with my mum. I remember it being very beautiful. The mixture of antiques, old rustic garden furniture, marble, stone and metal exotic sculptures and various architectural/engineering items, half hidden in the often overgrown shrubs, paths, and vegetation, gave one a feeling of stumbling into a strange and interesting film setting. In fact the centre was often used for film and TV programs.

It all ended badly though, owned by three business partners, one became mentally ill and stated to behave strange around customers. Once attacking one business at the till by the throat. The other incident that landed him in court was when he tried to mow down his female business partner in his car. I believe he's in care bur barred from entering the premises.

The Visit

This was an easy derp. We walked about for two hours in a very chilled out manner as you are not very exposed. The house would have been beautiful in its day, the carpet under your feet still feels bouncy lol. The kitchen, well, it had marble posts, very very nice. Its been stripped out but its actually still in good condition. Some Chav named Ben, btw Ben you're a tool. He's had a field day tagging his name everywhere and boasting about smashing windows. He had managed to get every window.

I just loved this one as I guess its a memory but interesting. My favourite areas where the cafe and kitchen, the amazing pond with pier.

I have taken many photos but I couldn't help it but this is a little treasure that's not on the tourist trail, just a shame I didn't visit before the windows got put in.

The site is now up for being redeveloped into a stationary caravan park.
Thanks for looking :thumb

FullSizeRender%2028.jpg
FullSizeRender%2025.jpg
beep.jpg
FullSizeRender%2017.jpg
FullSizeRender%2022.jpg
FullSizeRender%2024.jpg
FullSizeRender%2019.jpg
FullSizeRender%2020.jpg
pond.jpg
pond2.jpg
FullSizeRender%2013.jpg
FullSizeRender%2015.jpg
fish.jpg
wall.jpg
FullSizeRender%204.jpg
exit.jpg
huts.jpg
photo.jpg
FullSizeRender%2012.jpg
FullSizeRender%209.jpg
wall%202.jpg
FullSizeRender%208.jpg
FullSizeRender%207.jpg
FullSizeRender%203.jpg
shower.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender%201.jpg
FullSizeRender%202.jpg

350cewild

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I visited in March, had an hours mooch...loved it...not changed much in two months..great relaxed visit
You hit the nail on head there! Very relaxed, shame it's beat up a little but I think it's location is its saving grace :thumb

Lacrosse43

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You hit the nail on head there! Very relaxed, shame it's beat up a little but I think it's location is its saving grace :thumb
I need to go back and take a look at areas I missed-(going to take a friend next time)-hate going it alone; the room containing the shower was strange; it was still in tact? Surprised that the taps are still in situ in the toilets; probably worth something. The kitchen was my favourite.

350cewild

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I need to go back and take a look at areas I missed-(going to take a friend next time)-hate going it alone; the room containing the shower was strange; it was still in tact? Surprised that the taps are still in situ in the toilets; probably worth something. The kitchen was my favourite.
Are you local? Yeah I was struck by house. I think it must have been so beautiful, the carpet was still bouncy lol. Yeah shower gone but still immaculate so to speak. The Mitch with the marble! Crazy. Do go back, the outside has so many gems too. Have you got any photos on here?

Lacrosse43

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Are you local? Yeah I was struck by house. I think it must have been so beautiful, the carpet was still bouncy lol. Yeah shower gone but still immaculate so to speak. The Mitch with the marble! Crazy. Do go back, the outside has so many gems too. Have you got any photos on here?
yes i am local...stockport.......and u?...i will be going back soon....if u fancy a joint expedition back sometime soon just let me know? we can arrange to meet :)

350cewild

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
yes i am local...stockport.......and u?...i will be going back soon....if u fancy a joint expedition back sometime soon just let me know? we can arrange to meet :)
How funny I work in Stockport... I'm about 15 mins from this place. Defo up for an adventure!

tigger

mog
Regular User
Doesn't look much different than when it was open.

I remember when it first opened ....superb food (hutspot and omelletes were my two staples) and most of the items for sale seemed to be there for ever. Before it's demise the food had become pretty much the only thing that sold (but the hutspot had been lost to more trendy stuff) and the place was regularly packed - the old fairground rides converted to covered eating areas were particularly popular. They'd started to have other businesses on site and were trying to increase those

350cewild

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Doesn't look much different than when it was open.

I remember when it first opened ....superb food (hutspot and omelletes were my two staples) and most of the items for sale seemed to be there for ever. Before it's demise the food had become pretty much the only thing that sold (but the hutspot had been lost to more trendy stuff) and the place was regularly packed - the old fairground rides converted to covered eating areas were particularly popular. They'd started to have other businesses on site and were trying to increase those
Ahh great info thank you for that! I just remember this place was so different nothing quite like it. I remember so many pots, stalls, it was quite beautiful. Can't really believe that the business partners couldn't salvage something and keep going. Quite tragic.