real time web analytics
Report - - Withington Hospital 04/02/08 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Withington Hospital 04/02/08

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

U

urban_pioneer

since i started checking out this site, i have become increasingly interested in photography. so this is my first play with an slr. we decided to chek out the old part of withington hospital before it got knocked down. its a shame of the re-gentrification process happening in manchester at the moment because amazing buildings such as this are being paved over to make new build apartments. any way sorry, back to the point...
most of the buildings have being knocked down, or are in the process of being leveled. the main building has just recently being burnt out. inside has being completely gutted.
unfortunately as we made our way through the buildings we found nothing rely exciting, no good features at all. but when we got to the roof top, well just look at the pics. hope you enjoy. (and remember, first time with a slr. an i dont know how u guys manage to focus in the dark. any advice, help or pointers would be great.)
the main gardens and the biggest building left standing.
DSC_1395.jpg

some stairs,
DSC_1400.jpg

all of the corridors were uniform. exactly like this one
DSC_1402.jpg

but then we hit the roof
DSC_1404.jpg

DSC_1408.jpg

after a good half an hour we decided to check out the derelict buildings
DSC_1451.jpg

DSC_1446.jpg

DSC_1448.jpg

then we found some cool forms, if any one needs a sick note writing out for them just let me know
DSC_1435.jpg

DSC_1436.jpg