Report - Wood Mill, Sweden - September 2014

  • Welcome to - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

    Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections plus a lot more.

    Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. Creating an account removes some ads, allows you to post replies, start new topics and threads, and gives you access to more features including bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems.

    Create an account | Login | Request new password


inquisitive historian
Regular User
Feb 21, 2010
Geordieland :)
Visited with The Stig, T-Cake, Tassadar and Femaxer





Mill dates back to the 1400s and was in use until 1981 during the early Middle Ages the site was built , and among others, a copper foundry was applied in the same place (the foundry probably gave the village its name). mill acquired the status of a so-called duty mill in the early 1600s, and would have local farmers to grind their corn at the same time to be taxed by the crown.

Further south in the country was banned and demolished smaller mills for the state would get better knot role on the amount of sad that farmers are ground, this did not happen in the foundry knot (but only a few mill south). least seven smaller water mills were simultaneously downstream duty mill, one of which still exist today. other water-driven activities at customs than the downstream mill was bone and woollen mills, saws and hammer mills.

lower part of the mill (stone foundation) s At least part way to the same as when the mill was built, because this has the same itseende today which in a copper until the early 1700s. The upper part was built new in 1923 (the old one was in timmer_, and the mill was expanded even against yet, so that it now came to thank vattenrannan.

Right up to 1907 was driven mill with a water wheel in three, then at lying turbines in iron, as in a transitional period gave own electricity that drove the mill. four turbines and a paved vattenranna visible under the mill. A large amount of electrical installations in the houses around the mill show that they could afford to waste electricity. 1939 built the dam and kvarnrannan
turned off. Instead, the water is led now by 700 meters long kraftverkstub to a power station. Knarnen driven thereafter of electricity through the grid.

The dam was reinforced and power verse tube out in 1993 the power station is now run by Borlänge Energi and is one of the power plants that produce the most electricity of all along tunaaarna. in allhojden down to the power plant is a full 26 meters.

mill has two large stones to grind grain and several crushers and screens. kamplicerade strap system that goes all the way up to the attic overforde power from the electric motors to the many machines. zag area was taken on the bridge of the mill's east side, where they were hoisted to the second floor with a game. that the mill has been in use for a long time is evident as the millstones today adorn many staircases and gardens knot in the hut and the surrounding villages. millstones come from particular crimes millstone around Dalarna, except the very last one, which is cast.

latest mjolnarna (between 1939-1981) was Helge and Louise Petterson. when they closed the mill operation was nearly burned down by then owner Stora Kopparberg AB. Art successor Henfrid Lovgren, Dala Floda then bought the mill in order to save it to eftervarlden and to have it as a studio. The mill is now unfortunately in poor condition due to, lack of entertainment and vandalism.
In some places, the floors form the daily warts going into the grinder at your own risk. pour inside the cordon, it is safe.











Thanks for Looking :thumb

Last edited:
Likes: Nick0