real time web analytics
Your LONGEST abandoned explore? | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Your LONGEST abandoned explore?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

wormster

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Personally I would put Croesor mine on the list, Rhoyssd was completely abandoned when I first went through 40 years ago, Croesor was still being used as an explosive store, with the mill, fanhouse and narrow gauge still working, nowadays not so, basically any of the Welsh slate operations that wound down in the 70's

snoided

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oldest off the top of my head would have to be Swan Mine - closed up in '32 and never found any use during wartime if the potted history I found on someone else's report is to be believed.

Jordang73

28DL Member
28DL Member
Probably Cambridge Military Hospital, started visiting around 2014/15 right up to it's renovation. The amount of time sat in those woods, pre dawn waiting for security to pass before rushing down the hill towards the morgue..
Spent many hours in exactly the same situation 😂 Glad they’ve renovated such a beautiful building instead of ripping it to the ground. Many great stories have come from those nights creeping through bushes and studying the sec movements throughout the night 😂

pool94

28DL Member
28DL Member
Great Tew Manor in Oxfordshire hasn't been lived in properly since 1914, although part of it is sectioned off as an apartment and it's been sporadically used by the family for storage and other purposes since. The family who owned it live in the smaller property behind the manor, although it was sold a couple of years ago to Rupert Murdoch.
Is it still around to explore? Thank you

Who has read this thread (Total: 352) View details