real time web analytics
Your LONGEST abandoned explore? | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Your LONGEST abandoned explore?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Jack430T

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Probably Cambridge Military Hospital, started visiting around 2014/15 right up to it's renovation. The amount of time sat in those woods, pre dawn waiting for security to pass before rushing down the hill towards the morgue..

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Probably Cambridge Military Hospital, started visiting around 2014/15 right up to its renovation. The amount of time sat in those woods, pre dawn waiting for security to pass before rushing down the hill towards the morgue..
The post was about the longest abandoned time a building has stood not the time you spent in it

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Prob Shoreham for me. Maybe some of the old world war two structures around Norfolk, although many carried on after the war or repurposed for other uses.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
I think Ystrad Einion Mine must be a contender for many - abandoned towards the end of the 1890s

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
Not a derp but this was nice to find in an old cave system

6941475938_426491b2b9_o.jpg

TheTimeChamber

Torch Wavker
Regular User
Thats a good shout although I reckon that was still in use to the mid/late 1930's... nuts really.
Incredible to be honest. I can't think of anywhere older, as some of the older wards in other hospitals are impossible to date for closure. I would expect a ward I went in in Springfield that looked like it hadn't been used in 50 years.

Only other one i'd have been in that closed years ago would be some of the military sites that were closed just after WW2

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
Yeah they've done a really good job. But it's still there. Only a matter of time until the next generation make their way in. I've opened it twice in the past when I was told its definately proper sealed.

Was a good one,can still remember the smell of the creosote and the banging headache after

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
Hello folks,

I was looking through some threads today and noticing how crappy some can look in terms of condition when they are relatively recently derelict, and how pristine they can look when long empty, which generally comes down to security and protection from the elements.

But it got me wondering... what's the longest abandoned place you've explored? Not talking shells and ruins of course, but actual buildings with stuff in that are worth documenting?

Obviously you don't have to name the actual place if you don't wish to, but just an idea of the time frames i.e 5 years/10 years/20 years and so on. Pics of the condition of the place with the time span are a bonus!
Gotta be an old railway sidings near me, stopped getting traffic in the early 80s and still had some huge coal hoppers and conveyors until recently, but was great to see

Who has read this thread (Total: 352) View details