real time web analytics
Report - - Dartford storm relief mine Kent. March 2023 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Dartford storm relief mine Kent. March 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Hidinginplanesite

Khurbanx
28DL Full Member
Nice photos , I read somewhere it flooded bad weather , I saw a big semi big tiktok do this place ( they also so where the man hole was ) , it looks sketchy as he'll though !

Doozer

Probably underground somewhere
Regular User
Nice photos , I read somewhere it flooded bad weather , I saw a big semi big tiktok do this place ( they also so where the man hole was ) , it looks sketchy as he'll though !
yeah it’s quite sketchy to be fair but nowhere near as bad as the ladder at bethel lol, the mine acts a giant soak away for the drains around the local estate so it’s somewhere to explore when you haven’t had a few days of rain 😂

Hidinginplanesite

Khurbanx
28DL Full Member
yeah it’s quite sketchy to be fair but nowhere near as bad as the ladder at bethel lol, the mine acts a giant soak away for the drains around the local estate so it’s somewhere to explore when you haven’t had a few days of rain 😂

Don't plan to do this one have a very very small abandoned " to do list " 😅

Like looming at people's reports on this though

BalticVikingTrg

28DL Member
28DL Member
History:
Pinched from @Llama’s report. (Gutted you didn’t make it in the end mate). In the late 1880s, a brickwork company under the name of "C.N Kidd's" moved into Dartford, and set up two brick-earth pits which both sat under the western end of the town. These two mines were both connected via a small service tunnel, and were also used purely for extraction of chalk, which was then distributed to various brick production factories. As an area, Dartford was very convenient for businesses like this to set up, given it's close proximity to London.A few years later in 1920, the mine was repurposed once again, a large drain which was connected to the surface water sewers was fitted into the main access shaft of the mine, thus converting it into a huge storm relief soakaway, however, at the same time as the installation of the pipe, the council utilised one of the mine's caverns as a dump for local road sweepings, hence the pile of rubbish that can be seen in one of the chambers.
Explore:
To be completely honest this was a short and sweet visit with myself the bro in law. We popped the entrance and let it breathe for 15 mins while we got suited up. Upon entering the mine it had the earie feel about it and it completely sapped the light from my headtorch due to the scum from urban dartford stuck to the floor and walls. We wounded around for 15 mins taking a few quick snaps then headed out. Go easy as this mine is not very photogenic lol.
Looking back up at the entrance
F192D614-7CE9-4CB3-ABAB-3ECF4B7790DC.jpeg

A few of the galleries which all pretty much look the same
19F0AAB7-6031-4823-8DE7-5A0AD03367C2.jpeg

31D35755-EDA5-46AC-A919-F4AC032A14E8.jpeg

205D97F8-14B5-4BDC-A8E5-594BD339D261.jpeg

30242E3E-1CDF-4726-A9FC-83FEE451B29B.jpeg

We found a little friend down there

3020BD96-1B64-4BB4-A8C3-57F7F3AA14DD.jpeg

BC1D9C1E-ABEE-4149-9F07-68B9608A1B19.jpeg
looking up at an old blocked shaft
DB4450EC-28C0-49FA-BB43-188BE0DCBE9A.jpeg
lastly, a couple of shots on the way out
1CB302D4-F94D-47BB-9232-ECECB309A07A.jpeg

139920C4-A23E-4A1E-8FC6-3AC6930DE5AA.jpeg

18594B3B-65AA-4CC9-A94E-6D1AFE9AFD45.jpeg
Good to get this one finally ticked off the list but in fairness it’s not a very nice place to be for too long. Defo worth a look though!
I spent hours if not days to find the bloody entrane, no luck what so ever 😂😂😂 Not going to ask where is it, but wish me luck ! This place is more than worth it!

Zemxo15

28DL Member
28DL Member
I have been trying to research this spot and I've come across a few documents that state there are entrances either side of the shepherds lane road, are they manhole covers? I haven't had the chance to go in person yet.

obscurity

Flaxenation of the G!!!
Regular User
I have been trying to research this spot and I've come across a few documents that state there are entrances either side of the shepherds lane road, are they manhole covers? I haven't had the chance to go in person yet.
Don't discuss access information on an open and publicly viewable forum you numpty. There is a reason road names and access point are deliberately not discussed.
It's even worse that you only recently joined and this is your only post.

Doozer

Probably underground somewhere
Regular User
Have a little read of this mate, it’s frowned upon to just join up and ask for locations and it’s also a big no no to post locations publicly as obs just said. Get out there and do some exploring, get a couple of reports up and you might start getting a helping hand from people 👍

Exploring With Pride 🌈

Exploring with pride in more ways than one
28DL Full Member
I recently did bethel i froze up after a few steps down the ladder my partner had already gone down so decided to have a look round then i get a call from him saying he bumped into firemen down there who took him out a doorway so we went back the next and went in that way 😂

Who has read this thread (Total: 275) View details