real time web analytics
Question - - Which camera bag/backpack do you use for exploring? | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Which camera bag/backpack do you use for exploring?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

drhowser

Bespectacled & irrelevant
Regular User
I use a 30l climbing pack. It's got a rigid frame so it's comfy, but its low enough on my back that it doesn't get in the way too much; like say climbing caged ladders or windows. There are plenty of straps to pack it down if it's not full too.
Inside it I've got one of those three compartment dividers for lenses that I took out of a different bag, my tripod fits into one of those and theres still room for whatever I need for a day.

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
My derp bag is a Lowepro Flipside 200, large enough to put my tripod inside, camera body with 2 lenses, spare batteries and torces etc. And then a drink in the side pocket, but small enough to not get in the way at all. My draining bag is a Vango 35l rucksack which is big enough to carry everything I need, but gets in the way for <4ft stoops.

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
My derp bag is a Lowepro Flipside 200, large enough to put my tripod inside, camera body with 2 lenses, spare batteries and torces etc. And then a drink in the side pocket, but small enough to not get in the way at all. My draining bag is a Vango 35l rucksack which is big enough to carry everything I need, but gets in the way for <4ft stoops.

I'm always amazed by how you manage to pull that bag off in some of these confined sewers we do, my 25l Berghaus one I sometimes use is a real pain, so back to the Lowepro 100 again..

At least you manage to mop the pipes clean with it, I should send you up first Adders :D

jST

LLS.
Regular User
Derp bags have been: Lowepro bigger side access one (can't remember the model) it died but served well and a Kata DR466i, which also succumbed to the bin.

Current: Timbuk2 Snoop, messenger style, has tripod loops on the bottom for those rare occasions I take one and is easy to swing around yourself when climbing up things.

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I use a lowepro mini trekker all weather because I dont just need all my camera gear, I gotta fit my dinner in there too...never had a problem with quality and it washes in the washing machine and comes up like new after being covered in shite, having said that I took it to chernobyl and it was a bastard to balance on my knee when rooting around inside it because I couldnt put it on the deck so not really suitable for you...one to avoid WDW :)

T

The Queen

On longer days lurking/ days in which I need/want more than one (D)SLR, I still use an old slingshot 300- fits 2-3 cameras, plus a couple of lenses, several alcoholic beverages, smokes, torches, 2 tripods, and lunch. biggest downside for me personally is the left boob squashage. Other days I use a smaller hip bag which Styru got me- enough for a DSLR, 2 beverages, 1 other lens, 2 torches and a couple of snacks. I hook my tripod over the strap.

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
I use a lowepro mini trekker all weather because I dont just need all my camera gear, I gotta fit my dinner in there too...never had a problem with quality and it washes in the washing machine and comes up like new after being covered in shite, having said that I took it to chernobyl and it was a bastard to balance on my knee when rooting around inside it because I couldnt put it on the deck so not really suitable for you...one to avoid WDW :)

I'll avoid this one then. Thanks :)

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
On longer days lurking/ days in which I need/want more than one (D)SLR, I still use an old slingshot 300- fits 2-3 cameras, plus a couple of lenses, several alcoholic beverages, smokes, torches, 2 tripods, and lunch. biggest downside for me personally is the left boob squashage. Other days I use a smaller hip bag which Styru got me- enough for a DSLR, 2 beverages, 1 other lens, 2 torches and a couple of snacks. I hook my tripod over the strap.

I think I will be focusing my search on a shoulder bag. Most I've seen look like they will suffice storage space wise.

WhoDaresWins

Let's do this
Regular User
What I usually carry in mine is DSLR with a wide angle lens, a small prime lens, torch, little bits (like batteries, hand cleaner etc), P3 mask, gloves, usually some snacks and of course some spare room for some cans of cider.