real time web analytics
Report - - A former Liverpool bingo hall..dec 09 | Theatres and Cinemas | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - A former Liverpool bingo hall..dec 09

• Thread starter Wherever i may roam
  • Start date

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

W

Wherever i may roam

I have had to hide the name of this place for security & personal reasons,street names also,sorry.... (thanks K)
(will gladly name through pm only)
Built in 1915,closed in 2007..
This gem, with only three working years as a theatre, has survived thanks to over forty years with cinema use, and thirty years with bingo use. Built on a corner site on the junction of xxxxx xx and xxxxxx xxxx of ordinary brick, the arches over the windows emphasised with red brick, except the xxxxx xx side which is entirely of red brick. Three storeys, of irregular plan recessed above the ground floor, now rendered; flat-roofed with a frieze of red brick, except the xxxxx xx side where it is stone-dressed. The single-storey main entrance projects to the back line of the footway. Through a now plain foyer, the auditorium is approached down a short flight of steps into a waiting area with three entrances to the rear stalls, now adapted for sales. At the left, a marble staircase leads to the balcony, which retains theatre seating. The curved balcony front terminates in a box at either side of the high arched proscenium. The boxes are arched and have curved fronts and are dressed with curtains and chandeliers. Painted outlines on the balcony and box fronts suggest the plasterwork here was once ornate. The front of the orchestra pit has been removed at the centre to allow access to what is now the bar, below stage. The stalls area is now converted for bingo. The building is well-maintained and retains many original features.

IMG_0984_wm.jpg

IMG_0987_wm.jpg

IMG_0988_wm.jpg

IMG_0993_wm.jpg

IMG_1007_wm.jpg

IMG_0995_wm.jpg

IMG_1008_wm.jpg

IMG_1014_wm.jpg

IMG_1015_wm.jpg

IMG_1020_wm.jpg

IMG_1024_wm.jpg

IMG_1035_wm.jpg

IMG_1039_wm.jpg

IMG_1046_wm.jpg

IMG_1057_wm.jpg
..THANK YOU.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
One of the most well known derp cinemas out there that. Looking more neglected than or used to.

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
cheers for the help everyone, I'll add to my map and check sometime