real time web analytics
Report - - A wee Welsh mine... | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - A wee Welsh mine...

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

BenCooper

Mr Boombastic
28DL Full Member
Thanks all :)

The worst ones are the ones under a couple of inches of water - can be absolutely impossible to tell what you're walking over...

H

hughball

yes it is the knotted rope. The worst ones are the ones you fall through but it is a hell of a buzz.

BenCooper

Mr Boombastic
28DL Full Member
It does, but I was asked not to name it on here by the people I went with, so I'm respecting that.

BenCooper

Mr Boombastic
28DL Full Member
Good - I'm not being cryptic, just cooperating with the wishes of others. Once you see it, you'll see why people want to protect it.

Brick_Man

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
that wheel is stunning! best I've seen!!! (pics of) I guess its so complete thanks to it barely being worked?

as for false floors :s worst Ive come across was a stope, with a lagoon suspended over a false floor, held up with a 3/4tonne boulder packed around with mud. Our presense on the floor made the mudshift, and the water started to leak, undermining the 3/4 tonne boulder that would just take everything out and leave us with no exit. we had to extremely quickly get both sides of the boulder and rebuild the mud bank before it got worse, as chances are we wouldn't have been able to crawl fast enough to outrun it. am still here, but now extremely warey of them :/

NightPanther

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Love the rustic look of this place, the wheels orange contracts the hard grey, black and blue of the rocks =]

How clear was the actual water there looks crystal clear or was it given a blue tint from maybe the copper sulphate there?

A mine is definatley going on my to-do list looks eerie but cool.

Shadow_Play

BenCooper

Mr Boombastic
28DL Full Member
The ones I love are where you can see a distinct thermocline layer - I've seen that a couple of times, and it's spooky...