real time web analytics
Question - - abandon close /street basingstoke | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - abandon close /street basingstoke

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

blades1980

28DL Member
28DL Member
sorry if this has been spoken about already
whilst glancing over google maps I notice in between junction 7 M3 and the Basingstoke golf course on the Winchester road there is a what appears to be a abandoned close - there appears to be a few buildings on it and fenced off all around it.

anybody know what this was ? I will try and stop off on my way up there in the next couple of days but any info before hand I would be grateful

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Screenshot4Small4c9bb.png

An old mobile home park maybe?

Minor

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Think it maybe The Bridge Caravan Park which shut down in the 60s or 70s due to construction works.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the info .. may avoid then and search else where

We"ve a very large & Live Travellers site in Wakefield if you fancy calling in :thumb but there"s no Fish & Chips just the Firearms etc etc

Look forward to seeing some reports from you ;)

TrevBish

www.TrevBish.co.uk
28DL Full Member
Yeah I visited this year's ago. Its a load of wank. Peak copse is what it was called.

Ewan Kershaw

28DL Member
28DL Member
This was an old gypsy park they built them houses themselves but the council didn't like them being there so they were asked to move away then they knocked the roof down on every "house" so they can't come back

Wittsy

28DL Member
28DL Member
Screenshot4Small4c9bb.png

An old mobile home park maybe?
sorry if this has been spoken about already
whilst glancing over google maps I notice in between junction 7 M3 and the Basingstoke golf course on the Winchester road there is a what appears to be a abandoned close - there appears to be a few buildings on it and fenced off all around it.

anybody know what this was ? I will try and stop off on my way up there in the next couple of days but any info before hand I would be grateful

Yes I have been there Is was a travelers place and they took all the copper out of the buildings which were shower blocks and toilets

kaifoxebooks

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went there in January 2017. It was quite funny to find a receipt from just one day before my arrival - looking at the wooded area around it, at a guess it is a hangout for kids on their bikes. Got some amateur photos and such. Definitely a nice spot to take the boyfriend when he is back down. Hope to go for a picnic. xD