real time web analytics
Report - - Airport crash tender graveyard - Chester, Cheshire - January 2023 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Airport crash tender graveyard - Chester, Cheshire - January 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
These have been posted around quite a bit but they are cool so worth a report.

There are 5 old Blackpool airport crash tenders here in total along with various other cool cars. I don't know an awful lot about airport crash tenders but from what i can find online i believe these are Dennis-Thonycroft Nubian Major mk-9's. They are essentially fire engines designed for use on airports, the chassis for these trucks is a Thorneycroft Nubian Major; a 3 ton truck produced in the early 1970s in Basingstoke, England. The Nubian Major was a 6×6 vehicle. On top of this the bodywork and fire fighting customisations were built by Dennis during the later 1970s and into the 1980s. The Mark 9 had a large tank capacity (1250 gallons water, 130 gallons foam liquid). Additionally these trucks also had an impressive jet throw, from the roof mounted hose system. The cone-shaped deflector spread the spray from the self-aspirating monitor, producing an impressively big foam carpet. This spray could reach 12m wide, and extend for 15m in front of the truck.
As well as the engines there are a few other cool cars here including an XR4 and a Reliant Scimitar. Not much else to say about this place really so here's the photos;

100.JPG

101.JPG

102.JPG

103.JPG

104.JPG

105.JPG

106.JPG

107.JPG

108.JPG

109.JPG

110.JPG

111.JPG

112.JPG

113.JPG

114.JPG

115.JPG

116.JPG

117.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

tigger

mog
Regular User
Not much of a car person but regularly see a Scimitar. It's mostly in good condition due to fibreglass body instead of the usual porous British steel. Bronze colour on a 1982 plate. They were made by Reliant not Trumpet.

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
Not much of a car person but regularly see a Scimitar. It's mostly in good condition due to fibreglass body instead of the usual porous British steel. Bronze colour on a 1982 plate. They were made by Reliant not Trumpet.
Glad you posted that. Before my time but i knew they were reliant and even checked online and then typed triumph for some reason. Corrected now.

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
So many cool cars there, including the Honda Acty (I believe) although someone has definitely had a field day taking some parts off of them.

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
So many cool cars there, including the Honda Acty (I believe) although someone has definitely had a field day taking some parts off of them.
The XR4 has been stripped good and proper. Lights, dashboard, engine the lot. Not surprising considering the value of a fully original one in good condition.

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
Yep it's a little Honda Acty, behind the carcass of a very old F2 Stock Car by the looks of it, which I'd be interested in knowing the history of more than anything else there.

A full picture of the Honda van. Shot had a bit of glare so left it out.

IMG_7489.JPG

Doozer

Probably underground somewhere
Regular User
Loving the xr4x4 rs! Not much of a car person but I remember my dad having the same car and it was white aswell. It felt like getting in a race car when you were 8 lol 😂

MK83

Wife and husband
28DL Full Member
Loving the xr4x4 rs! Not much of a car person but I remember my dad having the same car and it was white aswell. It felt like getting in a race car when you were 8 lol 😂
I always wanted one when I was younger. They were impressive cars in their day.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nicely done, to be fair its took a long while for this one to appear on here so it deserves to be shown.

Who has read this thread (Total: 533) View details