real time web analytics
Report - - Airport crash tender graveyard - Chester, Cheshire - January 2023 | Other Sites | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Airport crash tender graveyard - Chester, Cheshire - January 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Explorer0262

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If the elderly owners have gone into a home, I just hope this doesn't turn into the next 'Hoarder's House - Droitwich' which was raped and pillaged of all its cars.

I fear this will happen for sure. Someone has been inside the hall and splashed it all over facebook. Start the countdown.

Old Git

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
These have been posted around quite a bit but they are cool so worth a report.

There are 5 old Blackpool airport crash tenders here in total along with various other cool cars. I don't know an awful lot about airport crash tenders but from what i can find online i believe these are Dennis-Thonycroft Nubian Major mk-9's. They are essentially fire engines designed for use on airports, the chassis for these trucks is a Thorneycroft Nubian Major; a 3 ton truck produced in the early 1970s in Basingstoke, England. The Nubian Major was a 6×6 vehicle. On top of this the bodywork and fire fighting customisations were built by Dennis during the later 1970s and into the 1980s. The Mark 9 had a large tank capacity (1250 gallons water, 130 gallons foam liquid). Additionally these trucks also had an impressive jet throw, from the roof mounted hose system. The cone-shaped deflector spread the spray from the self-aspirating monitor, producing an impressively big foam carpet. This spray could reach 12m wide, and extend for 15m in front of the truck.
As well as the engines there are a few other cool cars here including an XR4 and a Reliant Scimitar. Not much else to say about this place really so here's the photos;

100.JPG

101.JPG

102.JPG

103.JPG

104.JPG

105.JPG

106.JPG

107.JPG

108.JPG

109.JPG

110.JPG

111.JPG