real time web analytics
Report - - Aldershot Garrison Reservoir - Hamshire - Sept 14 | Underground Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Aldershot Garrison Reservoir - Hamshire - Sept 14

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
Big thumbs up from me! :thumb

Your report inspired me to a visit with Mrs Kevinr. Thanks for giving me a great romantic day out with the wife!

Just to input my thoughts on the ladders: the ladder that leads into the smaller reservoir is very suspect. It wobbles, is rusty and the top anchors look very dodgy and ready to fail. I used a climbing rope/harness and was belayed down by Mrs Kevinr - I would advise others to play it safe to.

The ladder going into the bigger reservoir is sound.

To identify which is which, the inclined ladder is to the big reservoir, the fully vertical one is to the smaller reservoir.

Thanks

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User
Big thumbs up from me! :thumb

Your report inspired me to a visit with Mrs Kevinr. Thanks for giving me a great romantic day out with the wife!

Just to input my thoughts on the ladders: the ladder that leads into the smaller reservoir is very suspect. It wobbles, is rusty and the top anchors look very dodgy and ready to fail. I used a climbing rope/harness and was belayed down by Mrs Kevinr - I would advise others to play it safe to.

The ladder going into the bigger reservoir is sound.

To identify which is which, the inclined ladder is to the big reservoir, the fully vertical one is to the smaller reservoir.

Thanks

Glad you had a good day, that second ladder is sketchy. Also that res is round while the other is square, all fun though :)

Bertie Bollockbrains

There is no pain
Regular User
It's one of those places that open and closes constantly. Best thing to do would be to go and look. It shows up very clearly on Google Earth so dead easy to find.