real time web analytics
Report - - Alfred's Whisky House. East Winch, Norfolk. April 2014 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Alfred's Whisky House. East Winch, Norfolk. April 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

norfolkexplorer

Quite often seen exploring further than Norfolk
28DL Full Member
Thanks to Man of two worlds for the heads up with this one... We were heading home from a trip up in Lincolnshire and decided to stop of here on the way.... His friend had visited a few weeks ago and it was meant to be in good condition... But as soon as we walked in, it was obvious that the local morons had been and visited..

Could not find much on the history of the site. But it would seem that it has been uninhabited since the late 90's after finding a cad dated then with his name on it.

The guy seems to have some form of a MOD connection due to the odds n sods clothing wise laying about... But other than that the main think that takes over the house is the whisky bottle placed on every available space. There is also a great collection of asthma inhalers and Fag butts dotted all over the place.

It is not the grandest of the sites out there and is small, but it could have been so nice before it was trashed. I am just gutted that I had not come across this place soon as it is so easy to spot, but had not :(

IMG_2219_zpsfcd7b28d.jpg

IMG_2197_zpsed7f7d21.jpg

IMG_2193_zps9b2b5a93.jpg

IMG_2188_zps3f984ac0.jpg

IMG_2182_zps6fa4404b.jpg

IMG_2176_zps8180f9a0.jpg

IMG_2167_zpsfb0b7ccf.jpg

IMG_2171-Edit_zpsf8c88d8b.jpg

IMG_2204_zps9c46a44b.jpg

norfolkexplorer

Quite often seen exploring further than Norfolk
28DL Full Member
Yep, everywhere you looked there was just more and more of them bottles.. Just mental drinking sessions 365 days a year

Dan Cavanagh

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for this was looking around for it earlier and about to leave to go back home when I turned onto the A47 I spotted it then had to turn round again. I've been past hundreds of times and never noticed it but is a little obvious, but I suppose concentrating on the road is best in an accident black-spot.

I have a feeling it wouldn't have looked much different they seemed to hoard a lot in what is a tiny, tiny house. They must have struggled with those stairs, difficult is an understatement, imagine trying to do that after a bottle of whiskey...

Being there made me feel sad, there's a hell of a lot of little details that build a picture of Alfred and his missus. I'm puzzled as to where they went to the toilet though, other than the commodes. God knows where they washed.

I guess the owner went away somewhere or died....shame a house has been allowed to sit for so long and fall into that condition though, that floor has had it and someone could go through at some point :( nice little explore though had a good hour looking at the various bits scattered around. Ironic that the condition and where it is reminds me of my last rented property.

The latest date on anything in the house was December '05, a few newspapers were from that sort of date too. Interestingly the water supply is still connected!

Last edited:

Vixxie

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So pissed off with people who trash places like this! Still quite awesome and definitely worth a go.