real time web analytics
Report - - Alfred H Knight Laboratories, St Helens, Merseyside - May 2023 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Alfred H Knight Laboratories, St Helens, Merseyside - May 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Alfred H Knight Laboratories

Alfred H Knight is an independent, family run business who provide inspection and testing services for the metals, minerals and solid fuel industries including the mining and agricultural industries.

Their former site at the edge of St Helens began as a Victorian manor house called Eccleston Grange. I couldn’t get a picture of the outside of it due to security wandering around but here’s an old one.

HiRes-2.jpg

It currently looks pretty much the same, only with some hulking great mid-century labs behind it.

Lord Pilkington was apparently born in Eccleston Grange and fittingly the site was to become the analytical laboratories for Pilkington Glass for a time. After Pilks moved to Lathom near Ormskirk, the Alfred H Knight labs were based here until around 2018 when they too moved to new premises.

The laboratories currently sit awaiting residential redevelopment with the unlisted manor house due to be demolished too.

20230520_132136.jpg

P1120933.jpg

1.jpg

P1120937.jpg

P1120940.jpg

P1120941.jpg

P1120939.jpg

P1120942.jpg

P1120943.jpg

image.jpg

P1120944.jpg

P1120947.jpg

P1120946.jpg

P1120948.jpg

P1120953.jpg

P1120954.jpg

Bit trashy but worth a quick look I guess

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I wouldn't say trashy at all, I quite like this. Nice pics as always and I particularly like all of the pipework on the exterior of the building.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Ah nicely done, looked at this a few years back got on site but seemed pretty secure with secca on site, I believe I spoke to @urbanchemist at the time as I had no idea what it was.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Most of the place was a mess; ceilings pulled down etc. Standard pikey raiding activities.

Yeah he's still there!
lurking in building just left inside gate lol UC concluded it was a lab of some sort & think I found it was linked to Pilkington but struggled to actually find out what they did there.

Who has read this thread (Total: 155) View details