real time web analytics
Question - - Brighton king Alfred bowling | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Brighton king Alfred bowling

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

cameraexplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The king Alfred leisure complex is still running..

However, back in the day there was an underground bowling and laser quest. The main entrance is blocked off but I see no indication of any work ever taking place. I predict an 80’s / 90’s world down there ready to be explored.

Does anybody have any intel or connections for gaining access for an explore with camera in hand?

Seffy

Staff member
It's often quite hard to get this kind of visit granted due to health and safety red tape blah blah. That is, if you can even find the right person to contact. Maybe try and have a poke at other entrances as you never know...

cameraexplorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeah very much my thoughts. Really think there’s something down there worth having a nosey at.

Is there a way of finding out who currently owns this space? The leisure centre next door is still active, giving me the impression this may be owned by somebody else..

Missymoo16

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oh my word I live in Worthing and used to go to laser quest here all the time back in the day

jimfoz

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I remember the time before the 80's swimming pool extension at the back. The front main entrance had a hallway/open space, entrance kiosk and a cafe to the right and straight ahead led to the main sports hall which used to be the original indoor pool during the winter. I found it quite bizarre that they covered this over and it did seem to be quite fairly solid considering that this was a temporary floor with a 'void' underneath. When the rear was developed in the 80's for the new indoor pool, the front area with the cafe and admin offices was just gutted, closed to the public and left abandoned as the main entrance, offices and cafe were relocated to the new pool building at the back - not sure if anything really happened to it in the proceeeding years - probably storage. I remember exploring these non public areas soon after the changes in the 80s, and recall finding some plush carpeted stairs leading down to the bowling alley - it was quite creepy as the area was unused. No doubt this whole building will one day be a prime exploration area as it is all pretty run down.

JasonS4s

28DL Member
28DL Member
There is an opening.....seek and ye shall find.....

IMG_4954.JPEG

Who has read this thread (Total: 229) View details