real time web analytics
Report - - Angel Croft Hotel Lichfield | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Angel Croft Hotel Lichfield

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ghostofFLO

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Imagine stepping into a room and discovering you have been transported into a beige nightmare set somewhere in 1973.
Flocked wall paper and badly clashing decor fight against the swirling patterned carpet - looking like its owners employed a small troupe of interior designers to spin round in circles until they were dizzy and then be sick all over it. Welcome to the Angel Croft...
This place is the closest I have been to the 70's since i shook hands with Jimmy Saville.
Search for reviews of the hotel and you get the impression that its patrons were none too thrilled with their genuine 70's retro adventure.

diningroom.jpg

frontroom2b.jpg

office.jpg

reception

telex-1.jpg

Telex! I think...

machine-1.jpg

Theres some real Lo fi Hi Tech goin down in this joint

safe.jpg

hallway.jpg

Im sure the last time i saw this chair was in my grans lounge...

staicase1.jpg

If you get past the dazzle camouflage effect created by the decor, there are some beautiful features in the hotel.

room14.jpg

bathroom.jpg

morerooms.jpg

As I stepped on to the landing of the top floor, from behind a door, i could faintly hear the earie crackling of a badly tuned radio and the lyrics to Dont cry for me Argentina echoing around the corridor!

Pushing thoughts of silent hill to the back of my mind I stuck my head round the door and found...

radio.jpg

awesome and freaky ! Still working...

lastroom.jpg

bar2.jpg

Having checked in, I thought it was time to check out the action in the cellar bar.

phonebar.jpg

Two double Gin and tonics, pint of ale and a straight whiskey, send em up to room 12 please? Theres a good chap.

snug.jpg

Snug...

Awesome retroness everywhere, Fawlty Towers and Alone in the dark combined.

I imagine the owners dressed like they decorated...

ghostofFLO

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A return trip with Winston101 to show him the sights before our assault on the Maltings.

Toatally missed the kitchen and another half of the massive cellar on my first trip so here's a couple more shots.

40.jpg

morecopy.jpg

41.jpg

35.jpg