real time web analytics
Information - - Anglo Beef Processors, Blisworth - Feb 2022 | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Anglo Beef Processors, Blisworth - Feb 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

wilbur1812

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Anglo Beef Processors (or ABP for short) is one of the largest meat processing companies in Europe. During the mid-2000s they scaled back operations and both this and the similar but much smaller facility up in Bathgate were put on the chopping block.

The facility originally opened under ownership of Meade Buswell in the 1960s, after a takeover in the 1970s Dalgety Buswell, and latterly it came under the Anglo Beef Processors umbrella before it closed in 2004. Olleco, a cooking oil collection and recycling company operate out of a directly adjacent facility and interestingly are an associated company to ABP.

I went to this site a while ago just after the fire in 2020. It was still intact and a lot of things were good there. I returned earlier today and discovered the site and the garden center next door had both been demolished for what i assume is going to be another warehouse. Such a shame as apparently according to a local the site was only demolished a month ago. I got there just too late.

wilbur1812

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Oh thats quite depressing. I walk near there quite a lot and have for a couple years so its a shame I didn’t get to see it once again after my first visit

Who has read this thread (Total: 219) View details