real time web analytics
Report - - Apethorpe Pumping Station, Northamptonshire, September 2022 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Apethorpe Pumping Station, Northamptonshire, September 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

JakeV50

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Apethorpe Pumping Station

This small pumping station pops up every once in a while. One quiet Sunday in September I drove around 2 hours just to see this, there was nothing better to do, so I thought why not! There was something very likeable about it and I really wanted to get to photograph it, the drive was worth it. Machinery and wheels everywhere, industrial but on a small scale. Over the few reports I've seen of this place, plenty of natural decay has set in, mainly the loss of most of the roof and the drive belts which were intact around 4/5 years ago have now crumbled and lay on the floor in a heap. Luckily, It's stayed off the radar of the graffiti and sticker brigade, most likely because they don't appreciate the beauty of old industrial bits and pieces and instead get all horny for soggy houses.

It's nestled in the corner of a farmer's field, just about visible from the road if you're looking for it, Nice easy parking nearby, so this really was a chilled out explore. Even though it's a very small place, I still managed to kill over an hour here what with setting up shots and looking around.
Like many others, I've tried to find history but to no avail, I couldn't even see it on any old OS Maps.

IMG_1208-HDR.jpg

IMG_1216-HDR.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1227-HDR.jpg

IMG_1232.jpg

IMG_1234-HDR.jpg

IMG_1237-HDR.jpg

IMG_1241-HDR.jpg

IMG_1245-HDR.jpg

IMG_1248-HDR.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

IMG_1256-HDR.jpg