real time web analytics
Report - - ARDEER POWER STATION, ICI NOBEL, SCOTLAND – SEPTEMBER 2018 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - ARDEER POWER STATION, ICI NOBEL, SCOTLAND – SEPTEMBER 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Adam X

It's a derpy job...
28DL Full Member
History
The power station was built post war during the 1950s to provide power to the ICI Nobel chemicals plant, with a stated output capacity of 16MW from two Bruce Peebles and Co steam-powered turbines. The station closed in the early 2000s, and has fallen into decay ever since.

Our Explore
This was brilliant start to the day - the sun was shining, and we spent a very happy couple of hours nosing around the power station itself, before I launched my drone for some cool aerial perspectives…

We started off with these three gorgeous combustion boilers, manufactured by NEI International Combustion Ltd…

A7950-watermarked.jpg

A7970-watermarked.jpg

A7981-watermarked.jpg

A8009-watermarked.jpg

A7995-watermarked.jpg

The remains of the first turbine…

A8004-watermarked.jpg

The turbine control panel and synchromesh…

A8001-watermarked.jpg

A7987-watermarked.jpg

A8015-watermarked.jpg

A8020-watermarked.jpg

A8058-watermarked.jpg

A8073-watermarked.jpg

A8079-watermarked.jpg

0292-watermarked.jpg

0323-watermarked.jpg

0348-watermarked.jpg

0413_v2-watermarked.jpg

0403-watermarked.jpg

Hope you liked.

Cheers
Adam X

DanMoist

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I took a look round this site recently. It's a great location. The power station appeared to be sealed up but I eventually found a way in past some nasty looking asbestos wrapped pipes. I was hoping to be able to reach the roof. They've cut the lower level stairs off. I trod on some of the fallen sections that were on the floor and the treads turned to dust. The metal staircases are now really dangerous, so I abandoned any hope of going up top.

Who has read this thread (Total: 161) View details