real time web analytics
Report - - Arghi Barghi, Macclesfield Sept 2016 | UK Draining Forum | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Arghi Barghi, Macclesfield Sept 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
Good post feels like I back at work down the drains a lot more modern now though can’t beat seing the old brick arch ones

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
Has anyone been in the sewer overflow behind the wet wipe filled flaps?

I've tried a couple of times, I believe that's where Flushed away is, there's a manhole in the carpark above but there's always been something parked over it when I've been at night

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ah ok, will look up Flushed away now, do recall a report. Never did get a reply to my PM Mr. Powers, oh well. Thanks for your sign of life and reply here though.

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
Photos on their look great don’t see many pictures like that any more only s.w these days if they are s.w make sure the f.w don’t mix in they use to be linked on very old drains hope you don’t find any fat bergs in them be carful of gasses if ya do find them

Last edited:

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks PP, has me baffled a bit too. I remember them posting the pic of that huge looking chamber, and found myself excited that the North West did indeed have some big stuff underground. They seem to have moved on/retired from the "scene", or does anyone know if they are still active, so to speak? Just curious on.

Mondeo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I might have an idea on where that could be,

Would the access be quite big? Door or grate?

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think, but don't take my input on the matter as sacrosanct, that they popped a manhole lid, as in the picture there seems to be an open lid above a ladder. As I am not local, and I suspect PP is nearer this location, it might be something for the east cheshire based urbexers to get onto?

Mondeo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think, but don't take my input on the matter as sacrosanct, that they popped a manhole lid, as in the picture there seems to be an open lid above a ladder. As I am not local, and I suspect PP is nearer this location, it might be something for the east cheshire based urbexers to get onto?

I think I'm pretty certain on where it is now,

Been racking my brain all afternoon trying to remember what I had seen as a kid down the bollin,

Just had a quick look and based on the concrete colour and age, I'm going to go during the day and make sure I'm 100% on it,

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Always interesting to me to try and work out where these locations are, even if this one is not local to me.

I look forward to what you find Mondeo, do report back!

pastybarm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Anything further on the Macclesfield underground stuff? Or will it be when things get better a few months from now?

mingerocket

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Had a walk around macc today as its local to me, it was interesting to try and work out above ground where the stream with the rotten penstock must go. I could only find a short section of it above ground before it disappeared under the road/carpark at one end and under the Silk House/Papa John's at the other

Who has read this thread (Total: 227) View details