real time web analytics
Question - - Any abandoned places in and around Stroud and South Glos? | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Any abandoned places in and around Stroud and South Glos?

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

katycurtis1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello!

I'm still looking for abandoned places in and around Stroud and South Glos as I'm struggling to find places that are accessible where I live. I pretty sure there's some potential abandoned industrial sights in and around Stroud but idk what they're called and where they are so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for any help! 😊

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
Welcome to 28!

As for finding locations the search feature is a great resource, try typing a few places near to you in and see what comes back.

katycurtis1

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome to 28!

As for finding locations the search feature is a great resource, try typing a few places near to you in and see what comes back.
Hey, yeah I've tried the search feature but haven't got anything that's very recent so I thought I'd ask to see if anyone had anything more up to date.

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Look through all your local news resources for and from the last few months, search for keywords like closed, closing down, shut their doors, bankruptcy, no longer trading, due to be demolished etc etc.

Secondly, do some leg work, have a drive around and look for signs of places no longer active, you can often cross reference those places with your local news. If you can't drive then walk, take a bike, take a train or bus, get a lift etc.

Thirdly, get on Google maps on satellite view, although it won't show up newly empty places it will show up things like disused railway tunnels that can be found by tracing disused tracks across the map, buildings that have been abandoned for a year or two but not seen yet, pumping stations, quarries etc etc.

The hunt for finding somewhere to explore is a major part of the hobby that people often dismiss, the chase and research is quite often more fun than eventually getting there to find its now houses or just a burnt out empty shell not worth photographing.

There's also no shame in going to old places you've found through the search here, it may not be worth updating the forum with a report on it or you may see a different take on somewhere that is worth sharing, either way you've not visited yourself before so your enjoyment will still be the same regardless of how many people have been before you.

The truth of the matter is unless you do a lot of your own private investigations you will never find somewhere no one has been before. After 40 years I've still only been to probably 40-50 virgin places and probably only a handful of those were worth sharing but the fun and excitement of finding those places myself was worth every second.

Lastly, someone that has done all of the above is very unlikely to then give someone else all the details for them to go and simply rock up to take pictures especially (and dont take this the wrong way) someone that only has 10 posts that are all begging for locations.

Last edited:

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
If only there was someone local to Stroud who could go and check out some of the stuff that has been posted on here before to see if things have changed, or go for a look around the various industrial type areas to see what they could find.

Seffy

Staff member
Funny you post this; was talking with a friend the other day about how there actually aren’t many people actively doing stuff (that we know of) in this area. Gloucester in particular. Hope you manage to find some bits, maybe even some lil gems that no one has found yet!