real time web analytics
Information - - Looking for abandoned places in and around Bristol | Other Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Looking for abandoned places in and around Bristol

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Anyone know if barrow gurney mental hospital is still a go? Haven't been there for years, probably flats right?

The east villa is the only thing standing, burn out ruin. Rest is flattened/houses/scrubland.

1710953390787.png

thatslovakguy

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey all, finally after a year of lurking made an account!

My new house mate and I would love to go on an exploration with some like minded peeps around the Bristol area! Recently found ourselves disappointed by an incidental trip to the Barrow Gurney hospital - and I'm sure constantly teased by the ever present old BRI that's on its last legs! We did however get a glimpse into the Grosvenor before its recent demo.

Who's about, who's got some plans and need a new mate or two? :)

Seffy

Staff member
Hey all, finally after a year of lurking made an account!

My new house mate and I would love to go on an exploration with some like minded peeps around the Bristol area! Recently found ourselves disappointed by an incidental trip to the Barrow Gurney hospital - and I'm sure constantly teased by the ever present old BRI that's on its last legs! We did however get a glimpse into the Grosvenor before its recent demo.

Who's about, who's got some plans and need a new mate or two? :)
Two out of the three places you mention are a go, in reality! Happy to meet for a pint or something sometime 👍🏻

thatslovakguy

28DL Member
28DL Member
Two out of the three places you mention are a go, in reality! Happy to meet for a pint or something sometime 👍🏻
Thanks for the reply! Would love to, I'm afraid I can't message as I'm still new here but we ought to get a plan in when it's not raining cats and dogs...

AtomBurna

28DL Member
28DL Member
I'm new to 28DL too, Bristol based. The Old BRI hospital is always tempting. There's a derelict factory site in between Fishponds and St George's too, it's not far from the cycle path, large site on an industrial estate that burnt out a few years back.

OysterJam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Let's just say that if I told you I'd have to kill you 😉 jkjk, sorry if I'm being sus! Can you DM me or can I only see my inbox once it's unlocked?
So you're a Bristol-based government employee. Probably MoD or adjacent business working MoD contracts, and of Slovakian descent. I'd recommend creating a new account and not giving away hints like that tbh! That's more than enough information to be identified with! Though to be honest mate, as long as you're not committing any crimes I don't think your business will have any legal grounds to fire you for having urbex as a hobby.

Last edited:

OysterJam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm new to 28DL too, Bristol based. The Old BRI hospital is always tempting. There's a derelict factory site in between Fishponds and St George's too, it's not far from the cycle path, large site on an industrial estate that burnt out a few years back.
I scouted it out a week or two ago, with the scaffolding up at the moment entry is pretty easy. Haven't gone in yet but was thinking of doing so in a few days.

thatslovakguy

28DL Member
28DL Member
So you're a Bristol-based government employee. Probably MoD or adjacent business working MoD contracts, and of Slovakian descent. I'd recommend creating a new account and not giving away hints like that tbh! That's more than enough information to be identified with! Though to be honest mate, as long as you're not committing any crimes I don't think your business will have any legal grounds to fire you for having urbex as a hobby.
Well I'm glad the bread crumbs I've laid have kept you off my trail 😉

Who has read this thread (Total: 147) View details