real time web analytics
Report - - Aylesford Print Power station and surrounding buildings – September 2016 | Industrial Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Aylesford Print Power station and surrounding buildings – September 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

nsdev

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
As others have said, the bit behind the engines is a gas turbine, that's the main power generator, hence the fairly small engines.

Detroit made (still make for military possibly) various series of those 2 stroke diesels. 53 series, 71 series, 92 series and 149 series to my knowledge. These are all the cubic inches per cylinder. They are all mechanically supercharged as they are 2stroke, and then some are additionally turbocharged too. The common generator set engine is the 16v149, I.e. 16 cylinder, vee format. 149 cu inch per cylinder, circa 2000hp. The ones in your pictures look (tricky without much to scale off) like 92 series engines to me, though could be 71's. A 12v71 twin turbo makes around 500hp depending on application

Last edited:

nsdev

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
You are very close to the turbine with the pic showing the graffenstaden gearbox, that will be attached to it