real time web analytics
Report - - Bacup ROC Post. August 2015 | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bacup ROC Post. August 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dartian

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
My first report on here so please be gentle.
Well technically this is now my second report.
Its the same as the first report but with pictures.
And if the pics dont appear this time its also my last report.

HERE GOES......AGAIN.

VISITED WITH

@Kenni

I've seen other reports on this site and its not been done for quite a few years.
We found ourselves at a loose end and kenni had been wanting to go back to Bacup having been before.
I've been on quite a few missions with kenni ( I call them missions because there's no easy route to get anywhere with him. If there's a dense forrest or bogland to walk through he'll find it ) and took quite a few pics but never bothered to post them. so to shut him up here goes.

Having visited Atherton ROC I did some research and found this post in Bacup. The last lot of reports seem to suggest that this place was on its way out and we wasn't even sure if it was going to still be there.
As the pictures will show I don't think it will be long before this place disappears forever.

It was built in 1961 and closed in 1991. Apparently history say's there was a dome to this place which made it a master post although no evidence of this now exists. The post is on an overgrown compound on the edge of Bacup golf course, near the 4th tee, and seems to have been recently cut back. The entrance is no longer locked, well to be fair its not even attached, and inside its well and truly flooded as kenni's boots will proove.

Enjoy the pics and thanks for looking.

IMG_1268_zps3mggksqx.jpg

IMG_1246_zpsa21e3mlk.jpg

IMG_1248_zpslwmvvvnr.jpg

IMG_1256_zpsrvzxcerq.jpg

IMG_1255_zpshqulnl6l.jpg

IMG_1254_zpsxqsjnhby.jpg

IMG_1251_zps4ek2v2pr.jpg

IMG_1258_zpshlxepgcr.jpg

IMG_1265_zpsdworlgvu.jpg

Thanks again.​

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Wow a bit worst for ware but glad i got to see pics. Thx m8ty. I need a roc post just to have one done lol. Trying to get a full set of explores done lol.

Lancashire lad

chief taster for costa coffee
28DL Full Member
nice report pal not a lot to see usually there either flooded or trashed by kids glad you got the piks in this one too;)