real time web analytics
Report - - Bargate Shopping Centre - Southampton - March 2016 | Leisure Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bargate Shopping Centre - Southampton - March 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbexCamo

"Just having a look officer"
Banned
Shoot me a PM Brandon. I was born and bred here too :)
Madness.
I went in there and did a vlog about it for YouTube. I'd always wanted to go in even before seeing the infamous exploration video.
I went back yesterday to show friends and it's very high security now.
I'm not even really an urban explorer, although I love watching videos, I'm just very attached to this shopping centre haha.
Spent so much of my childhood in their and I'm constantly trying to find out what's happening with the redevelopment process.
I guess I'm just passionate about Southampton.

Would love to contact some local guys somehow. There's a few more abandoned places around here

xexxa

Xexxa the grey
Banned
That bloke got this place ruined. I went there today, there were kids smashing it up inside, a junkie around the corner shouting at the ether and 4 tents pitched up.

UrbexCamo

"Just having a look officer"
Banned
That bloke got this place ruined. I went there today, there were kids smashing it up inside, a junkie around the corner shouting at the ether and 4 tents pitched up.
I live round the corner from it, access has now all been blocked for good and security up there all the time. There is no way you can get in anymore. The kids ruin it for everyone, if I had my way I'd slap them round the ear!

xexxa

Xexxa the grey
Banned
I live round the corner from it, access has now all been blocked for good and security up there all the time. There is no way you can get in anymore. The kids ruin it for everyone, if I had my way I'd slap them round the ear!

They've blocked it off today then?

Brandon Taylor

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Don't tell me kids have ripped down the panels already or smashed through the barred door on the stairs

Brandon Taylor

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well they were in there pointing at the acess out the windows.
Jesus.
God knows what bargate Ltd plan to do now then.
I've spoke with them and apparently it's being demolished in late 2016 and building a sort of open ish shopping experience incorporating boutique stores involving the bargate walls.

Did you go in the bargate shopping centre?

Snowy2314

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hey man, sick report do you know if this place is still worth visiting? I walk past it all the time and would love to have a snoop around but if security is now super tight/ access is difficult I'll give it a miss from what I can see it's pretty messed up these days