real time web analytics
Report - - Bargate Shopping centre 03/16 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Bargate Shopping centre 03/16

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

brythered92

PortsmouthExplorerBH
28DL Full Member
HI all,

This being only my second report hopefully it's interesting. Seen it reported on her a few time already and seeing a video of a local lad going in made me want to see it for myself. Took some scouting out the area then just going for it our method of entry included a decent that was totally unnecessary but made it that bit more thrilling.

A brief bit of history from Wikipedia and some pictures for you to enjoy. Seems lots of people have been trashing the place now which is such a shame spent a good three hours undisturbed in here but found someone had barb wired out entrance route when we left. No sign of seca for whole visit.

In January 2013, all traders inside the Bargate Centre were given notice to leave their premises by a real estate firm who are attempting to sell the complex. BNP Paribas Real Estate were appointed by the receivers for Parkridge (Bargate) Ltd, the company who bought the Bargate Centre in 2009. Parkridge (Bargate) Ltd were liquidated in late 2011 after running up major losses. BNP Paribas Real Estate stated that the complex had remained open at a "significant loss" for months and closure was required to stem these losses. They also stated some tenants were not being charged any rent for their premises. By mid-April 2013, all remaining tenants had vacated their premises. The Bargate Centre and its multi storey car park finally closed on 10 June 2013

IMG_7040_zpscywd77rb.jpg

IMG_7041_zps0xk1y0hj.jpg

IMG_7045_zps9k4glfqs.jpg

IMG_7049_zps7ilztmrr.jpg

IMG_7050_zpsngtlsmt3.jpg

IMG_7053_zps6i8z1k8m.jpg

IMG_7062_zpsztbpkcd9.jpg

IMG_7069_zpsuy2vnpag.jpg

IMG_7078_zpsnoei7jjm.jpg

IMG_7081_zpsmhqutaqm.jpg

IMG_7082_zpsjn7vu6ot.jpg

IMG_7092_zpsezr0vcns.jpg

IMG_7097_zps8rrtnoji.jpg

IMG_7099_zpsbhipedsu.jpg

Pest

Read comics and sleep all day, = no worries
28DL Full Member
So many shopping centers closing down.

UrbexCamo

"Just having a look officer"
Banned
are you the guys we saw coming out just as we were going in? haha that climb is the hardest way in as you say! nice report though man!!

UrbexCamo

"Just having a look officer"
Banned
haha yeah man its a good place to have a look! not sure if you boys are local but if you are send me a message bud!